Feb 7, 2020

Review: The Elimination Diet By Jeffrey Bland

The Elimination Diet: Discover the Foods That Are Making You Sick and Tired--and Feel Better FastThe Elimination Diet: Discover the Foods That Are Making You Sick and Tired--and Feel Better Fast by Tom Malterre
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First I would like to thank NetGalley, Tom Malterre, Alissa Segersten, and Grand Central Publishing for providing me with this book so I may bring you this honest review.

The Elimination Diet is not your average diet. This is not about calories, fats, carbs or portion control. It is not about depriving yourself of your favorite foods or punishing yourself. It is about creating new awareness how foods you eat make you feel. 


By reading this book I gained a lot of knowledge on what I have been eating and how it has affected my body. It gave me a lot to think about. Never did I think by changing my diet I would be able to rid myself of migraines, unexplained weight gain, or chronic fatigue. 

In this book you will find case studies of actual people who tried some of these methods. The participants ranged in age and gender. Many had good outcomes and rid themselves of their ailments.

What I enjoyed learning about the most about this diet were the 8 benefits. Who wouldn't want a clearer mind, a calm gut, no pain, headache free, better breathing, clearer skin, increased energy, and weight control?

This book also addresses those with food allergies and their effects on the body. I was unaware that you could be having a reaction without even knowing it. The symptoms could be mild, moderate or severe.
This book gave me good incite to what I was eating and how it has been affecting me.







View all my reviews

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews