Jan 25, 2020

Review: If Just One Person by Laurie Olerich

If Just One Person (The Suicide of Shari Jensen)If Just One Person by Laurie Olerich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First, I want to thank Laurie Olerich for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Laurie Olerich’s cover If Just One Person the Suicide of Shari Jenson immediately grasped my attention along with the title. This is one book that is going to stick with you for a long time after you finish reading it.


Laurie does put a content warning on this book. It does contain brutally honest expression of depression and despair, as well as a graphic depiction of suicide.

This book deals with depression, mental illness, and suicide.

Laurie seems extremely passionate about this subject and it shows in the characters she writes about.

In this book you meet two totally different characters from totally different worlds. Lynna Baker whom is an author who has very interesting and colorful sexual stories to share. She was a very fun character to read. Then there is Shari Jenson who at one point had a great life and then it all went downhill.

Laurie does an incredible job pulling at your heart strings for so many emotions. So many scenes in this book she made me tear up. So many questions the family asked I would have asked too.

I have read many books in my reading and reviewing career however no forward has ever been quite like this one. Laurie reaches out to everyone in every role in life and speaks to your heart.

Laurie in the author’s note provides some interesting facts about suicide.

She also lists some helpful resources at the end of the book.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews