Jan 31, 2019

Review: Between the Lies by Michelle Adams

#NetGalley
BookBub

Summary
#NetGalley
In the vein of Allison Brennan, Michelle Adams's Between the Lies is an addictive psychological thriller with twists that keep the reader guessing until the last page, in which a woman who's lost her memory is back home with a family she doesn't know—who are keeping secrets of their own. 

The truth is hiding between the lies.


~~~
What would you do if you woke up and didn't know who you were?


Chloe Daniels regains consciousness in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. 
She doesn't recognize the strangers who call themselves family. She can't even remember her own name.

What if your past remained a mystery?


As she slowly recovers, her parents and sister begin to share details of her life. 
The successful career. The seaside home. The near-fatal car crash.
But Chloe senses they're keeping dark secrets—and her determination to uncover the truth will have devastating consequences.

What if the people you should be able to trust are lying to you?

Author Michelle Adams


I was born in 1981, the youngest of five and the only girl. For a short period of time after that I might have been my mum's long awaited princess, but it became obvious that I was the kind of child who was more into mud pies and catching insects than I was pretty dresses. I loved my purple Doc Marten's, hated my floral wallpaper, and was never allowed to paint my bedroom black. No, not even the ceiling.

I went to school in Warwick, UK, and throughout my school years I loved art, music, and English, yet somehow managed to end up studying clinical science at university. Despite my graduation and subsequent employment as a physiologist in cardiology, my creative tendencies were never far away. And the one aspiration I could never let go of was that of being a writer, so on a wet new year's eve sometime around the turn of the millennium, I announced to a friend that I was going to write a book. It took another five years of note taking and day dreaming, but eventually I sat down to complete my first manuscript. It didn't get picked up, but it drove me into writing the second, and third, and so on and so forth. By early 2015 I had finished writing MY SISTER, and I was offered representation by the Madeleine Milburn Literary, TV, and Film Agency. MY SISTER became my debut, and it is hotly followed by BETWEEN THE LIES in July 2018.

Now I write almost every day, starting at nine, finishing at some point in the afternoon. Sometimes people ask me where I get my idea's from, and it's a hard question to answer. Lot's of things inspire me, but if I had to sum it up in one word the answer would probably be people; the things we do, say, and the different ways in which we behave towards one another. When I’m not writing I love to read. The first book that I didn't want to end was Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale, and the first book that broke my heart was Captain Corelli's Mandolin. Gerald's Game by Stephen King was the spark that made me want to write in the first place. I think I was probably about nine when I read that.

I like people who don't give up on their dreams, and those who show compassion for other people. I am crazy about my cat, and fortunate that the other people in my house tolerate him. I love travelling, and am lucky enough to live close to Greece which has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. I'm currently training for the London marathon, so if you've got training tips, or ideas on how to avoid shin splints, I want to hear them. Finally, if you love Game of Thrones you can count me as a friend, but if you have access to a pre-release copy of The Winds of Winter, you can count yourself part of the family.



Between the Lies
By Michelle Adams
Review by
HeidiLynn’s BookReviews

First, I want to thank Michelle Adams, St. Martin Griffin and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Between the Lies by Michelle Adams is one of the best books in this genre I have read all year. It was fast paced, suspenseful, thrilling, exciting, a lot of twists and turns you won’t see coming, tragic at times, and a book that you won’t want to put down. Between the Lies is a book that truly lives up its title.

Michelle does a phenomenal job taking her readers inside Chloe’s amnesiacs mind post car accident. The detail of how she is feeling and coping is just incredible. You could tell she was really passionate about this character and wanted to bring out the best in this scene.

 It was an incredible original story with a lot of depth to it.

There is a good lesson in this book that I walked away with. Trust has to be earned not given. Don’t believe everything everyone tells you. Chloe found this out the hard way.

One thing is for sure Michelle is an 
incredible storyteller with an amazing imagination!!

This book had an amazing cast of characters and thrilling storyline I would love to see this be made into a Netflix Original Movie. I think it would do really well.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews