Dec 6, 2018

Review: #MeToo Essays About How and Why This Happened, What It Means and How to Make Sure it Never Happensby Lori Perkins

Author Lori Perkins

#NetGalley

#ME TOO
Essays about How and Why This Happened, What it Means, and How to Make Sure it Never Happens Again
by Lori Perkins

Review written by HeidiLynn's BookReviews


First, I want to thank Perkins, Riverdale Avenue Books and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

#Me Too Essays about How and Why This Happens, What it means, and How to Make Sure it Never Happens Again edited by Lori Perkins cover of the book got my attention right away. It is incredibly powerful with three arms up different ethnicity showing that they stand together as one. This book is filled with incredible stories from incredible strong woman who are passionate about their fight in the #MeToo and #IBelieve Movement!! I stand beside them 10000%

I knew I had to read this book. I have read many memoirs on woman who were sexually abused this year. I commend those women for coming forward and sharing their stories. They are helping those who have been in similar situations seek help. I confess that I have had many #Me Too moments in my life. For me it makes me sad and angry the men that gets away with it.

#Me Too is dedicated to Anita Hill, Tarana Burke, Rose McGowan, all the woman that have bravely come forward, all those who won’t be silenced, and to the next generation who will not let this happen to them.

This book starts off with Lori Perkins reminiscing about how she had a totally out of place sexual behavior in the workplace. She was a publisher of the local newspaper in Upper Manhattan. Out of the blue a middle-aged local New York City politician asked if she would be his mistress!! Of course, she was shocked!! I would be too!

Lori put this book for everyone to tell their stories. She is hoping that this shows the beginning of this particular phase of this movement one that can be read and passed around as a reference when people look back on this time. These essays range from personal tales and reflection to cause for action and insider stories about abuse in Hollywood.

After #MeToo by A M Carley’s essay really spoke to me. AM brought up a great point in someone that sounded a lot like the famous Hugh. I never thought of him as a predator but now I do.
Wall Street Assets by Veronica Vera, D.H. S (Excerpt from her Memoir in progress) shouldn’t have shocked me seeing the subject matter. However, it did. Veronica’s first job was in 1969 in the back office. She worked with a short, loud-mouthed Napoleon that was the head trader for the company. He had a dirty mouth while he was on the phone. So, he asked her for her name in which she replied. Then he asked if she liked his material as he unzipped his fly!! There was a reason the called him “Crazy Sherman.”

This book is a must read for every female out there young and old!! This must be passed out in school libraries, counseling offices, workplaces, crisis centers, etc. Students need to be taught about this in health class in Middle or High School. This is a serious topic!! This is not going to go away anytime soon!! We need to come together and fight it!! #METOO #IBELIEVE 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews