Dec 7, 2018

Review: Candleglow and Mistletoe by Josie Riviera

USA Best Selling Author
Josie Riviera
#NetGalley






Candleglow and Mistletoe 
by Josie Riviera

Review written by HeidiLynn's BookReviews

First, I want to thank USA’s Best-Selling Author Josie Rivera and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

USA’s Best-Selling Author Josie Riviera’s Candlelight and Mistletoe cover immediately caught my attention as it looked like a sweet Christmas card. Lately, all I have been wanting to read is Christmas books seeing it is this time of year. Candleglow and Mistletoe read like one of the amazing Christmas movies on Hallmark Channel that I love to curl up and watch. In fact, I think it would be great as a movie on that channel and highly suggest Josie Rivera submit her manuscript. They are seeking unsolicited writers as of February 2019. She would be an amazing addition to the Hallmark Channel Christmas movie lineup! I would watch it and I know her fellow readers would too.


What an incredible start to an amazing book!! I love when authors jump right into the story within the first few pages and hook you into the story! I was in awe and glued to the pages from there on out til the book was done.
Josie created some intriguing characters are so diverse that I have never read about before. Not to mention she is an amazing storyteller too.  I love how these characters came together on a bus ride tragedy. Josie made me fall in love instantly with a sweet little girl named Anjalia. That girl made my heart melt. Later in the book I found out her story and it was a unique one.  Noelle was a famous Pianist whom was very gifted but was working out some issues of her own. Gabe who once was a small sickly kid with diabetes was now a stunt double in the latest blockbuster film that came out.

This book is dedicated to all Josie’s wonderful readers who have supported her every step of the way. She is very thankful of you.
She would like to acknowledge her patient husband, Dave, and her wonderful three children.

In the note from the author she mentions that she loves the warm holiday candles and how she learned a lot about making the candles while researching this book. This was one of my favorite parts of the book when Noelle learned how to make candles. It brought a smile to my face as I fondly remember learning how to make candles as a Girl Scouts back in the day. Grant it I didn’t make all the fancy kinds that Noelle had to make in the shop. But I did get a feel and understanding for it.

Josie did something unique that I have never seen many authors do. However, I do feel that it was quite fitting for the book. She included her Butter Ball Cookie Recipe into the book. What is Christmas without a Christmas Cookie Recipe?!

At the end of the book she includes an excerpt of another Christmas book A Snowy White Christmas.

I would gladly read and review for Josie again!! She is very gifted and no wonder she is on the USA Best Selling Author List!!




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews