Nov 29, 2018

Review A Christmas Forest By Rebecca Boxall


#NetGalley
Author Rebecca Boxall


The Christmas Forest
By Rebecca Boxall
Review Written By 
Heidi Lynn's Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Rebecca Boxall, Lake Union Publishing and NetGalley for providing me this book so I may bring you this review.

The Christmas Forest by Rebecca Boxall is one of the few Christmas books that I have read that will stick close to my heart. This Christmas story is unlike I have ever read before. I prefer reading stories that are creative where the author thinks outside of the box. She did just that. For this very reason I would gladly read and review for her again.

Rebecca Boxall’s main character is Enid suffers from Asperger’s. What makes this book so unique and unforgettable is you see the world through her eyes.   You will see the joy she gets spending time with children and speaking about her love of owls. How they are on the same level she is. Sadly, in this book you will see her in panic mode and emotional lows as well.

My ultimate favorite story line that Rebecca did and needs to be highly commended for was the budding friendship between Enid and Fred. I have read and 190 books this year. No two characters deserved to be together more. Nor have I read a sweeter yet old fashioned love story than this one. Fred looked past Enid’s Asperger’s and saw who she really was. He loved her for her. These two were meant to be together.

It was refreshing to see Enid and Fred write old school letters back and forth through the mail as form of communication. This day in age with texting and email that is lost on this generation.
Kudos to the graphic artist who designed the cover it is beautiful! It immediately caught my eye and needed to know what the book was about.

At the end of this book Rebecca does give some references to Asperger’s. Many are documentaries and some books.

This book would be great turned into a Hallmark Christmas Channel Movie. It has a lot of great elements to be a big hit. I would definitely watch it!!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews