Sep 27, 2026

#BooksonTour #HisOtherChild #EmmaRobinson #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

Holding her tiny newborn, she heard familiar footsteps approaching the ward. Her heart leaped in greeting. He was here, smiling, clutching a tiny gift. Everything was finally going to be ok. But a heartbeat later, as he turned towards the opposite bed, her smile died on her lips. He had brought a present. But it wasn’t for her.


For twenty years, my husband Ben was everything to me until a devastating loss blew our marriage apart. Now, months later and standing in the empty nursery, I cradle my growing bump. Up until now, it’s been my secret, fear keeping me from celebrating my own tiny miracle. But as I clutch the soft blue baby blanket, I know I need to tell the father.


As my baby’s arrival draws near, I feel ready to share my news. But then I see Ben in the hospital with his new girlfriend, joy spread across their faces at the news they have clearly just received.


In that moment, my heart shatters. I felt sure that this baby could bring us back together, that we could finally have everything we planned for. But can I really tell Ben when I know the secret he’s kept from me? Or will it destroy us forever?


A totally addictive family drama about a devastating secret and the strength of a mother’s love. Perfect for fans of Jodi Picoult, Liane Moriarty and Diane Chamberlain.



Emma Robinson is a USA Today Bestseller with a passion for stories which explore the power of family and friendship in the most challenging circumstances. Focusing on emotional themes, her novels are both heart-breaking and life affirming.











His Other Child 
Written By Emma Robinson 

Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank Emma Robinson, Bookouture, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


Emma Robinson the queen of emotional reads is back with another tearjerker called His Other Child. This one not only has you reaching for the tissues but this one has drama! Oh yes! Picture this Ben and his ex wife Melissa and his girlfriend Casey are both pregnant at the same time!! Yup!! You read that right!! Is it me or does this sound like something from a reality show?! 


My heart broke when I learned of Ben and Melissa’s back story and were happy to hear they were getting a second chance at being parents! 


His Other Child is a fast paced, addicting read, that has a lot of ups and downs, and will have you glued to your Kindle. 







0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews