Oct 8, 2024

#BooksonTour #MyMissingDaughter #ElleryKane #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

It’s her first trip away. But she never came home…

The old camping bus pulls up outside my house in the middle of the night. Rain is pounding against the windows, thunder rattling, but I’d recognize the sound of the engine anywhere.

Confusion races through me. My daughter 
Willow and her best friend must be back early from their trip. I jump up and rush to meet them.

But when I pull open the door, it’s not Willow on the doorstep. It’s a man, holding her keys. Blood roars in my ears as he explains he was hired anonymously to drive it back.

My heart is pounding. I don’t understand. 
Where is my daughter?

I push past him and run out into the rain, wrenching the door of the bus open. It’s empty. The girls are gone.

And in the back, there are signs of a struggle. Clumps of Willow’s hair on the floor. Their belongings trashed. I stop breathing.

Where are they? What’s happened to my daughter? And churning in my stomach is the most terrifying question of all: What will it take to get her back?

A jaw-dropping, unputdownable psychological thriller packed with twists that will leave you breathless. Perfect for fans of Shari Lapena, Lisa Jewell and Lucy Clarke’s One of the Girls.
Forensic psychologist by day, author by night, Ellery Kane has been writing professionally and creatively for as long as she can remember. Real life really is stranger than fiction, so Ellery’s writing is often inspired by her day job. Before writing the Rockwell and Decker series with Bookouture, Ellery published the Legacy series for young adult readers and the Doctors of Darkness series of psychological thrillers. She was previously selected as one of ten semi-finalists in the MasterClass James Patterson Co-Author Competition. A Texan at heart, Ellery currently resides in the San Francisco Bay Area.

https://ellerykane.com/


Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Ellery Kane here: https://www.bookouture.com/ellery-kane

Buy Link:

You can sign up for all the best Bookouture deals you'll love at: http://ow.ly/Fkiz30lnzdo

My Missing Daughter
Written By Ellery Kane 
Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Review

First, I want to thank Ellery Kane, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


Ellery Kane your latest My Missing Daughter is your best written book to date-and I have been a fan for years! Your storyline was brilliantly crafted creatively outside of the box and I totally loved that! This book reads like one of those true crime documentaries like you see on Netflix. I am going to go one step further and say that out of the 102 books I have read this year this book is in my top 5. 


Ellery made me very happy seeing that she placed most of her book in Niagara Falls, NY and mentioned Buffalo, NY multiple times. I live in Buffalo, NY and rarely do I see non local authors place their characters in my hometown. Thank you for that! 


Clear your schedule for the day because once you start reading you will not want to stop! This is an addicting fast paced read that you will need to know what ever happened to Willow!! 


I loved how this book was about two best friends who wrote a book together about a trip and then set out on that trip together. However, one best friend doesn’t come back. This is a missing person case that is so unreal that it could be ripped from the headlines. I loved how Ellery brings the social media instagram aspect into the storyline and we get to see the banter back and forth between the characters. There were a lot of twists, turns, secrets, shocking revelations, and even a taboo storyline. 


When I read who Ellery drew her inspiration from, the book made perfect sense. I love how she put her own special twist on it though. 


This is a definite must read put this at the top of your TBR pile! 


4 comments:

Rayo said...

This book looks promising 😊

Rayo Reads said...

This looks promising 😊

Rayo Reads said...

This looks promising 😊

Rayo Reads said...

This looks promising 😊

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews