Oct 3, 2024

#BooksonTour #LovingMothers #MirandaSmith #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

Our whole neighborhood is desperately searching for sixteen-year-old Shelby: my own daughter’s best friend. But I know my daughter is lying about the night Shelby disappeared. And a mother will do anything to protect her child…

Hickory Hills is the perfect place to raise a family. Everyone knows everyone. Sometimes, that’s a bad thing.

The morning after the Halloween party, the word spreads from house to house, each resident gasping at the news, each mother holding their child tighter. 
Shelby has gone missing.

My daughter should be distraught, but she’s claiming they weren’t even friends anymore. When I go to talk to her, I hear her giggling on the phone with Shelby’s boyfriend.

And then I find her Halloween costume, stuffed into a bag in her closet, covered in blood.

I will do anything to protect my daughter. I will turn this community upside down. I will blame someone else’s child if I have to.

After all, I have secrets of my own…

A totally gripping psychological suspense about the dark secrets that lie behind perfect families, and how far mothers will go for their children. If you love Claire Douglas, Ruth Ware or Karin Slaughter, Loving Mothers will have you glued to the pages till the final jaw-dropping twist.

Miranda Smith writes psychological and domestic suspense. She is drawn to stories about ordinary people in extraordinary situations. Before completing her first novel, she worked as a newspaper staff writer and a secondary English teacher. She lives in East Tennessee with her husband and three young children.

https://mirandasmithwriter.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MirandaSmithAuthor/
https://www.instagram.com/mirandasmithwriter/
https://twitter.com/msmithbooks

Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Miranda Smith here: https://www.bookouture.com/miranda-smith

Buy Link:

You can sign up for all the best Bookouture deals you'll love at: http://ow.ly/Fkiz30lnzdo


Loving Mothers
Written By Miranda Smith
Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Miranda Smith, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


Miranda Smith always comes up with incredible fast paced gripping psychological thrillers that have you hanging on to her every word til the end of the book. In her latest psychological thriller Loving Mothers she once again does that and then some. For me I binge read it as I could not put it down. It was so good. I love when books do that for me. 


Miranda wants to dedicate to anyone who thinks they deserved it-you didn’t.


Instantly, Miranda put a smile on my face as the book was set on Halloween night and she was describing the scene of each character and what they were wearing and acting. I felt like a fly buzzing over everything going on just watching as she described it. 


Oh I totally agree with Mary! I am not a morning person so you better not call me before 9am even if I am up sooner than that lol! 


If you know by reading my past reviews I am a huge fan of missing person cases. So, of course my favorite storyline in this book was what happened to Shelby? There were so many twists and turns on what could have happened to her. 


WOWZERS!!!! Miranda you totally threw me for a loop with one of the confessions in the book!! Never ever did I see that coming. Talk about jaw dropping confession well there you go!! 


For some reason this book reminded of the community on Desperate Housewives and tad bit like the neighbors in an odd way. 


Miranda packed this book with major drama, massive twists and turns, and multiple mind blowing moments that will leave you speechless! A reason why you need to run out and grab your copy today!






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews