Mar 27, 2024

#BooksonTour #SheHasMyChild #EmmaRobinson #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

The first time I hear the miraculous thud of my baby’s heartbeat, I’m clutching my sister’s hand. I was so happy when she offered to be our surrogate. But then I see the look on her face and I’m flooded with fear. This precious baby girl might be my child, but my sister is carrying her. Will she really be able to give her up?

All I’ve ever wanted is to be a mother. To have a child to take care of, to complete the family 
Mark and I are so desperate for. But after years of trying, my grandmother’s lovingly restored crib still lies empty. My dream is out of reach and Mark is more distant than ever. Until my impulsive sister Sophia suddenly offers me the greatest gift of all…

Her surrogacy will give me the baby I’ve prayed for. And there are so many painful memories from our broken childhood: could it even bring us closer as sisters? But as Sophia blooms with our miracle baby, Mark’s secretive behaviour has me questioning our marriage. And as I watch my sister’s face when the baby kicks, I wonder… 
why did she really offer to carry my child?

As Sophia gets closer to the birth, the hurtful secrets that forced us apart all those years ago come to light. And it’s terrifyingly clear that history is going to repeat itself, my innocent baby stuck in the middle. Because despite everything I thought I knew, 
how far can I really trust my sister with my baby…?

An utterly compelling and totally emotional tale about secrets within families, and how far you can really trust the people closest to you. Perfect for fans of Jodi Picoult, Jojo Moyes and Kate Hewitt.

Emma Robinson is the author of several women’s fiction novels. She also blogs about the funny side of parenting and has contributed to podcasts such as Funny Women. Whilst her early novels are humorous, her recent work focuses on emotional themes and these novels are both heart-breaking and life affirming. Emma enjoys writing stories which explore the power of family and friendship in the most challenging circumstances.

Emma currently lives in Essex with a husband, two children and a small black dog.

Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Emma Robinson here: https://www.bookouture.com/emma-robinson

Buy Link:

You can sign up for all the best Bookouture deals you'll love at: http://ow.ly/Fkiz30lnzdo


She Has My Child

Written By Emma Robinson

Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Emma Robinson, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


Warning: Emma Robinson is going to pull on your heart strings hard with her latest tearjerker She Has My Child! She had me reaching for the tissues within the first few paragraphs. Then again it wouldn’t be an Emma book without the ugly cry! 


Emma and her editor Susannah were both creative geniuses to place this story during Covid. Many other authors have not even touched on this subject. I enjoyed reading how the characters were affected by and how they dealt with the lockdown. 


Emma explored the bond of sisterhood and at what lengths they would go for each other. Having two sisters of my own I appreciated this story. My sisters and I may not see eye to eye all the time but there is nothing I wouldn’t do for them. Just like in She Has My Child. 


I was totally blown away and stunned at the huge twist in the story about Mark. I absolutely loved the revelation of his deep dark secret. 


Emma packed some very sweet heartfelt moments, twists and turns, family drama, and secrets into the mix. 


She Has My Child needs to be put on the top of your TBR list! It is a 5 star must read book that every reader will be talking about. Infact, this book would be great for a book club or discussion group as there is so much to discuss. 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews