Mar 26, 2024

#BooksonTour #ThePlayGroup #LeahMercer #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

Breath catches in my throat and terror grips me as my daughter’s favourite jumper slides into focus. Time slows. Helpless, I watch my precious little girl run into the road. Screeching tyres slice through the quiet afternoon. Days from now, my friends will say the worst day of my life was all my fault…

A bright and welcoming haven, the playgroup sits at the heart of the town, tucked away inside a red-brick building. The Nest should have been the safest place for my rosy-cheeked, pink-obsessed daughter, 
Florence. Run by mothers like me, I trusted my newfound friends – AliceBeth and Georgie – to take care of my child. But now my choice has left Florence fighting for her life.

My heart pounds thinking about what I will tell my husband, 
James. He stayed with me through thedarkest times, and I thought some space would bring us closer. But as I watch our little girl sleeping in a hospital bed, I know our relationship may never recover from this.

How can I tell James what really happened if I don’t know myself? I can’t shake the feeling the other mothers are lying to me; they know I’d never let Florence leave the nursery by herself. We’ve all got dangerous secrets we want to protect, but if they expose mine, will anyone, including my husband, believe me when I say I didn’t harm my daughter?

A completely gripping psychological suspense about the dark price of protecting your family, perfect for fans of Liane Moriarty, Adele Parks and Sally Hepworth.


Leah Mercer was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on the east coast of Canada. Her first ambition was to be a journalist, but after completing a master’s in journalism, she soon realised she preferred anything other than reporting the news. After trying her hand at public relations, teaching and recruitment in various countries around the world, she finally settled in London and returned to writing… fiction, this time. Her first two novels, Who We Were Before and The Man I Thought You Were, were shortlisted at the UK’s Romantic Novelists’ Association Awards. Leah loves books, running and visiting historic houses with her husband and their son.

Author Social Media Links

Bookouture Email Sign Up: https://www.bookouture.com/leah-mercer

The Playgroup 
Written By Leah Mercer
Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Leah Mercer, Bookouture Books and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.


OMG!!! Leah Mercer’s The Playgroup is every parent’s worst nightmare and thensome! My jaw was literally on the floor and my heart was beating out of my chest! Oh there were so many emotions going on throughout this book-and yes I needed some tissues! This is a must read book that deserves way more than 5 stars! 


Leah had me glued to my Kindle in this fast paced addictive read! For me I devoured this in one sitting. It was SO good!!! Infact, I feel that this is one of her best books that I have read. That being said you need to go pick this book up and put it to the top of your tbr list. 


Leah Mercer brought awareness to some very important topics such as MS, drug overdose and Oxycotton. 


There was one adorable scene in the book that made me smile and giggle a little bit. It was the moment little Florence found Beth’s pregnancy. Oh, it was so cute! 


I will admit there was one major event/scene that was difficult to read due to the circumstances. However, it was an extremely powerful heart wrenching scene that had me gasping! 


The Playgroup was filled with drama, deep dark secrets, and tons of shocking bombshells that you will not see coming and leave you speechless! 






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews