Aug 20, 2022

#BookReview #TheBookSwap #JERowney #LittleFoxPublishing #NetGalley

 

Newly-separated Laura is back home living with her mum. She spends her days reading and escaping from the realities of her new life alone - until that life suddenly becomes more complicated than she could ever have imagined.

When a novel received from an online book swap contains a chilling note, Laura has to overcome her own fears to help a stranger.

First, she must uncover just exactly who is it that needs to be saved, and from what.

Amazon



J.E. Rowney spent several years in the cold Yorkshire hills, but now lives on the south coast of England. She spent ten years working as a midwife before turning in her gloves to become an author. 

She also enjoys writing short stories. In 2020 she was the winner of the Pen to Print Short Story award, and the Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short Fiction.

She spends lots of time writing in coffee shops, so if you see her, say hello.

Ms. Rowney says: "I always dreamed of being a writer, until I realised that I was. Then I started to write."

You can find out more about JE Rowney on her website at jerowney.com, or follow @jerowneywriter on social media.



THE INSPIRATION BEHIND ‘THE BOOK SWAP’

 

‘The Book Swap’ is my eleventh full-length novel, and will be published on August 26th 2022.

 

As an avid reader, I’m a member of several Facebook groups for book lovers. One of them is Book Swap Central, a group where you can swap books that you’ve read with other readers, find out about books that other members are enjoying and generally get involved in the friendly community. Last year, one of the admin, Becky, made a post suggesting that authors could include the group in a future novel. I think she may have been half-joking, but I decided it was a great idea for a domestic thriller.

 

What if you signed up to receive a book – and ended up getting more than you expected? I loved the idea that Becky’s post sparked, and I hadn’t seen anything similar before. It’s tough coming up with fresh ideas for domestic thrillers. Having a new and exciting concept inspired me to write this book. The protagonist, Laura, is a regular woman, who definitely doesn’t consider herself a heroine, and what happens when she finds a plea for help in a book she receives from s stranger. There’s a lot in this novel that readers will be able to identify with, and ‘The Book Swap’ is a gripping domestic thriller with a fresh, compelling plot.


The Book Swap
Written By

JE Rowney

Review By

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank JE Rowney, Little Fox Publishing and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


O.M.G!! All of you book lovers and book worms out there need to read this book! Thanks to JE Rowney The Book Swaps and book clubs will all be buzzing about this book! What a brilliant twisted story that she took her passion for books and writing thrillers and combined them into a 5 star must read! 


Out of all of JE Rowney’s books I have read this is the one I enjoyed the most. Instantly, I felt as if I connected with Laura’s character on many different levels. JE made her character so relatable that I feel like we both could have been friends. 


So many times I commended Laura for reaching out of her comfort zone in trying to help someone out! Even though she knew she could be putting herself in harm's way she had a good heart. 


If you love a good mystery with a lot of twists and turns then this one's for you!! So much so that the ending came as a total shock to me! 







1 comments:

~Trema~ said...

This one looks fantastic! I love one that saves the twist for the end. Thanks for a great review. Also, following you now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews