Aug 20, 2022

#BookReview #MagooandHisMagicPoo #HowieRonay #MichaelHarring

 

Magoo and His Magic Poo is the story of a curious cat who uses his special “gift” to help animals of another species in a show of kindness.


Howie Ronay is a Cannes Lions-winning Creative Director with over twenty years of experience at global ad agencies. He has been fortunate to have won multiple Effies, Webby awards and created Kraft Food’s first Top Ten Super Bowl spot for Planters as ranked by USA Today’s Ad Meter. His viral video for Kmart, “Ship my Pants,” was featured on The Today Show, Good Morning America and CNN and was selected by YouTube as one of the “Top 20 Ads of the Past Decade.”  Howie recently found out his parents nickname for him as a baby was “Doo Doo,” so this is all in fact, coming full circle.



Instagram @MagooAndHisMagic


Inspiration

In his primeMagoo was a black & white butterball biscuit of love. When I first got him as a kitten, he had puffy eyelids. So much so, I joked that he looked like the old cartoon Mr. Magoowho couldn’t see a thing. Magoo eventually grew out of his puffy-eyed stage to become a remarkable and loving meatball of a cat. He’d greet me at the door whenever I came home, and he would always sleep with us. But Magoo also had a “gift.” Let’s just say that after he used the litterbox, the house didn’t smell like roses. The idea came to me that it could be the premise of a funny children’s book; a story about a magical cat that used his poo as a force for good.  And that’s how “Magoo and His Magic Poo” was born. My wife and I had to say goodbye to Magoo in 2017, but he’s unforgettable and to this day we still find ourselves talking and singing to him almost dailyHe’s never really left us.



Michael Harring is a CLIO and ADDY award winning illustrator. Over the past fifteen years, Michael's unique creative touch has helped to shape the campaigns of iconic clients that include Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co., and Target. His varied skillset spans illustration, art direction, graphic design, directing, writing, producing, large scale Halloween sculpture and accidental goldfish rescue. Michael was also once yelled at by Gary Busey.

 



Magoo and His Magic Poo
Written By 
Howie Ronay
Illustrated By
Michael Harring

First, I want to thank H.D. Ronay and Michael Harring for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


WOW!!! Never in a million years did I think I would be asked to review a book like this one! I saw the cover and read the title Magoo and His Secret Poo and could not stop laughing! I could just imagine all the jokes and giggles my nephews would give to me If I shared this book! Then the rolling of the eyes that my sisters would give me for being the bad influence on Auntie. So…sadly I don’t suggest this for young ones. 


H.D. Ronay did however have some good lessons behind the poopy humor. It was just executed in a more adult open minded kind of vibe than children’s humor. 


Michael Harring’s illustrations for the animals were extremely cute! Then he went to the total extreme with the bad guys and made them really evil looking. He has talent in both areas of illustration. 






 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews