Mar 5, 2022

#BooksonTour #TheBabyShower #SELYNES #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

She doesn’t know I’m there, watching her in the mirror. She slides her hand under her blouse. And then I see something impossible. She isn’t pregnant…

She bursts into my life like a storm, and nothing is the same again. She seems so perfect, with her lilting laugh and her beautiful face. One by one, I watch as my friends fall under her spell.

Only I seem to suspect something. Only I see that her smiles don’t reach her cold, furious eyes. And when I’m accused of things I didn’t do, when my home is vandalized, I know she’s behind it. But she only lets her mask slip when no one is looking, so if I say anything, I’ll look crazy.

So when the baby shower comes around I’m there, sitting on a velvet sofa in a posh hotel room, surrounded by balloons. We share gifts, we pour small glasses of champagne, and she beams, her bump just visible under her bright red shirt.

But that afternoon, I finally learn the unbelievable truth.

There is no baby…

A stunningly twisty story of toxic female friendships, guilt and lies from S.E. Lynes, author of the no.1 bestseller The Housewarming. If you like Lisa Jewell, Gillian Flynn and Paula Hawkins, you’ll be glued to The Baby Shower.

BUY LINKS:

Amazon: https://geni.us/B09MSDS19Bsocial

Apple: http://ow.ly/74jK50H0GbF

Kobo: http://ow.ly/xyp350H0G9y

Google: http://ow.ly/L1bQ50H0GfR


 Audible:

UK: zpr.io/dhnsXSffCudt
US: 
zpr.io/HJdxwSv2AgEa

SoundCloud: 
https://soundcloud.com/bookouture/the-baby-shower-by-se-lynes-narrated-by-tamsin-kennard


Author Bio:

Former BBC Producer, S.E. Lynes is the Amazon best selling author of 'intelligent and haunting', 'beautifully written' psychological thrillers, VALENTINA, MOTHER, THE PACT, THE PROPOSAL, THE WOMEN, THE LIES WE HIDE, CAN YOU SEE HER? and her latest novel, THE HOUSEWARMING, available for pre-order NOW.

After completing her MA, Lynes taught creative writing at Richmond Adult Community College for over ten years. She now combines writing, mentoring and lecturing.


 

Author Social Media Links:

Facebook: S E Lynes Author
Twitter: @SELynesAuthor
Instagram: @S E Lynes Author



The Baby Shower

Written By

S.E. Lynes

Review By

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank S.E. Lynes, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review! 


WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! S.E. Lynes outdid herself in her latest 5 star must read The Baby Shower! Ohh this one is oh so twisted and will also find a way to pull on your heart strings as well. 


Bookouture finds talented graphic artists to create beautiful covers. I was instantly drawn to this cover and title. Not to mention I am a fan of S.E. Lynes writing.


S.E. Lynes instantly drew me in with her fast paced and addictive storyline! 


My heart broke in a million pieces for Jane! She has failed to conceive for quite some time and just learned her good friend is pregnant! Just as Jane was dealing with so many mixed emotions I too could empathize with her. 


Early on there was a character that rubbed me the wrong way. Never in a million years did I see this character evolve the way she did. Ohh her storyline was sick, twisted, evil, and just oh so wrong!! So many times I was yelling at my kindle over this person!! So many lives she hurt!! 





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews