Mar 6, 2022

#BookReview #MyLifeInBitsAndPieces #Memoir #MorganSt.James #MarinaPublishingGroup

 

My own memoir is coming soon! 
Told in a series of true short stories about events and people that shaped my life.






I have written and published 19 books and am working on number 20, HIT JOB IN HOLLYWOOD,the 6th SILVER SISTERS MYSTERY as well as my own memoir--working title MY LIFE IN BITS AND PIECES. Through co-authoring INCEST, MURDER AND A MIRACLE and NO MORE CRYING ANGELS,  I've become an advocate for stopping domestic abuse. 

As a former interior designer, I spent many years designing interiors for model homes, celebrities, restaurants and offices. 

My writing career was launched when Designer’s West Magazine approached my partner and me during the time we owned an interior design studio in California and asked us to write an article. Back then I wrote under my first name and 2nd husband's last name, Elaine Pransky.
I discovered I loved writing. The article was so well-received, I wrote many more published “how to” articles for designers. From there, my topics expanded to diverse subjects. I live in Las Vegas, with Dylan the Dog and Cucumber who rule the household. I am on the Board of Writers of Southern Nevada, and participate in multiple writers' groups . After the Sisters in Crime Southern Nevada chapter was closed down, I suffered from "newsletter writer's withdrawal." I started the "Writer's Tricks of the Trade" newsletter which grew into the quarterly "Writers' Tricks of the Trade" eZine with articles contributed by writers and people in the publishing business all over the United States and occasionally some from as far away as Europe. Although it ceased publication you can still access many of the issues by clicking the Ezine link.

I have also written over 600 published articles about the business and craft of writing. When I gave workshops and talks, attendees always asked if I had a book about writing, so I wrote Writers' Tricks of the Trade: 39 Things You Need to Know About the ABCs of Writing Fiction, as a helpful handbook for writers at all career stages. It is now in its 4th edition  










My Life In Bits And Pieces
Written By 
Morgan St. James
Review By 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Morgan St. James and Marina Publishing Group for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.


WOW! I commend Morgan St. James for being brave and opening up and sharing her life stories in My Life in Bits and Pieces. This is not your typical memoir as she has picked some very interesting and fascinating stories to share. Some of them will pull hard on your heartstrings. So much in fact that I wanted to jump into the book and hug her. All these experiences have shaped her into the amazing and strong woman she has become today. 


Morgan would like to dedicate this book to her late mother (who we are introduced to in this book) who instilled in her that she could do anything if she put her mind to. Her mother was a perfect example of what every person should be. 


I can totally agree with Morgan when she says that life is rarely the way you plan it when you are young. 


Morgan introduces us to her parents, sister, family members, ex husbands and her children. All the people who shaped her to the amazing and strong woman she is today. 


Throughout these stories Morgan posts pictures of herself, family, her dogs, places, and books that she has written. These to me made the story more personal as you can put a face to what is being said in the story. 


There were parts of her stories that I just cracked up about! I really do want the list of 101 ways to serve ChiChi Beans! I can see a mini cookbook all on this theme!


Within the stories were some great lessons taught by both of her parents. Some of those touching lessons made me smile ear to ear. 


There was one story she told about an ex boyfriend that she WOW blew my mind!! Just with the title of this section I knew it was going to be a good story. After reading this section I had to google his name, the book, and now I must watch the movie to find out more!! 


Morgan addresses some very important issues in this book such as PTSD, controlling spouses, grieving, breast cancer, etc. 


Being a fan of her novels I was interested in learning how she got started in writing. Plus, I was interested to learn how she and her sister teamed up to write a series together. 


Morgan mentions a memoir she co-wrote with Cheryl and Rob Cuccio intitled Incest, Murder and a Miracle.  I have had the pleasure of reading and reviewing that book and can tell you that too is a must read book!! 


Peter and Morgan’s story touched my heart in many ways! Out of all the loves she had had he was my favorite for so many different reasons. 


One thing that I found quite different from her memoir is that she lists all the jobs she had and all the fantastic places she traveled to. 












0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews