Dec 18, 2021

#BookReview #Blackout #KMonroe #5Stars #Mystery/Thriller #YA #Teen #WattPadBooks #NetGalley

 

Some secrets are best left forgotten.

When Allie Castillo wakes up after a terrible car accident, with head injuries and zero recollection of who she is or what happened, one thing haunts the edges of her mind: the crash may not have been an accident.

Her body still bruised, she returns to a life she doesn’t recall, to a house that’s unfamiliar, and to a family that doesn’t feel like her own. School is another minefield—her boyfriend wants his girl back, her best friend wants to carry on their old partying ways, and the mysterious guy at the back of the classroom wants nothing more than to unlock the door to her forgotten memories.

As Allie learns about her notorious past, she grows to dislike who she was pre-accident. She’s determined to change, determined not to repeat the same mistakes. But when her life is put in jeopardy once more, Allie realizes that her only chance at survival is to remember who she used to be—even if that means abandoning who she wants to become.


K. Monroe grew up in small town Saskatchewan, and transitioned from emailing her stories to her friends to sharing her work online at the age of fourteen. Since then, she has garnered over forty-three thousand followers, and nearly eight million reads. In 2017, she won a Watty Award for her novel 7:23 am. She attended college in Vancouver, where she earned an Associate Certificate in graphic design.

 

When she’s not writing, you can find her brainstorming ideas, shelving books, and trying to keep her house plants alive.

 

BLACKOUT is her debut novel.


Email: kmonroewrites@gmail.com

Instagram / Twitter / YouTubeAmazon /Watt Pad Books


Blackout

Written By

K. Monroe

Review By

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank K. Monroe, Watt Pad Books and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


WOW!! WOW!! OH WOW!! K. Monroe's debut novel Blackout had me so entranced into the storyline I just couldn’t put it down! Ohh the storyline was fascinating, deep, intense, thrilling, and shocking! Honestly, as much as I needed to know how it ended-I didn’t want it to! I needed more!! K. Monroe has serious talent as a storyteller. This is a 5 Star must read book!! I just loved it!!


Kudos to the graphic designer who created Blackout’s cover. It was brilliant! It is very eye-catching and makes you want to know more about the book. 


K. Monroe would like to dedicate this book to those who have supported her from the beginning of her journey, and those who found her along the way. 


Instantly, I totally fell head over heels in love with the concept of the book! I absolutely loved the fresh storyline surrounding Aline’s amnesia!! My heart totally went out to her as I felt her frustration in not knowing who she was! Many times I wanted to smack some characters for not believing that she really had it. Why would anyone fake amnesia?!


K. Monroe addresses some important topics and lessons into her storylines.


Oh how I loved the mystery of Aline finding out who she was and why this happened to her! But oh all the drama that she had to go through to find those answers. 


The climax of this storyline was explosive that I didn’t see coming! However, even though I understood the reason it ended the way it did I was a little bummed! There definitely needs to be a sequel! I need more of these characters! 







0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews