Sep 12, 2021

#BooksonTour #TheTrappedWife #SamanthaHayes #Bookouture #NetGalley

The rain hammers the glass outside. My husband has stoked the wood burner with a fresh supply of logs, and I’ve just put a joint of beef in the oven. It’s the most clichéd Sunday afternoon ever, and it’s the most heavenly one, too. Little do I know that days later, the ash in the fire will be all that remains of us…


My perfect life…

I thought I had it all – a dream job as a doctor in small town, a stunning home and a family I adore – but that illusion shattered the moment my husband Jeremy left on a work trip and vanished without a trace. Now my son and I are all alone in the world.

My missing husband…

My best friend thinks Jeremy had an accident up in the mountains, that I’ll never see him again and need to move on. I know he loves us too much to ever abandon us, but my head is still spinning with the texts I found on his phone before he left. Did I ever really know the man I married?

The night I can’t remember…


Everything changed the night of the medical conference weeks before Jeremy disappeared. I wrack my brains for answers, but my memory goes blank after my first drink. Ever since, I’ve felt like I’m being followed and can’t explain why panic thunders in my chest every time I see my newest patient. If he’s not local to the village, then why does he seem so familiar? And so dangerous?

As I piece together the shards of what really happened that fateful evening, only one thing can possibly be true: everyone is lying, even me…


Samantha Hayes grew up in a creative family where her love of writing began as a child. Samantha has written eight thrillers in total, including the bestselling Until You’re Mine. The Independent said “fantastically written and very tense” while Good Housekeeping said “Her believable psychological thrillers are completely gripping.” Samantha’s books are published in 22 languages at the last count.


When not writing, Samantha loves to cook, go to the gym, see friends and drink nice wine. She is also studying for a degree in psychotherapy. She has three grown-up children and lives in Warwickshire.


https://www.samanthahayes.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/SamanthaHayesAuthor/

https://www.instagram.com/samanthahayes.author/

https://twitter.com/samhayes


Buy Links:


The Trapped Wife
Written By
Samantha Hayes
Review by
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Samantha Hayes, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review!


YES!! Samantha Hayes is back and better than ever in her latest psychological thriller The Trapped Wife! She never disappoints her fan base, her stories are always twisted and oh so good!! 


Immediately I was drawn to the beautiful cover that featured a gorgeous blue butterfly. If you know me then you know how sentimental they are to me and how much I adore them. Along with the cover, the description of the book and being a fan of Samantha’s I had to read this book. 


Right away I loved that the main character Jenn had her dream job working as a doctor in a small town practice. 


The Trapped Wife was one of the more unique stories that Samantha has told. She kept you on your toes and if you blinked you probably missed a good detail of the story. 


There was a character that really rubbed me the wrong way when he was introduced. As time went on my initial gut reaction of this character was spot on. Oh how he creeped me out. 


My heart went out to Jenn who lost her husband in a very freak accident. 


Oh the twists and turns in this book will make your head spin!! 



 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews