Aug 8, 2019

Review: Personalized Murder by Jeffrey Holt


Author Jeffrey Holt

Jeffrey Holt has had a thirty year career as a pathologist and genetic researcher. He has performed hundreds of autopsies and did research in the area of personalized medicine. He invented personalized murder as the evil twin of this new medical field. This is Jeffrey's debut novel.


Book Summary 
When the Democratic President and his VP die on Inauguration Day, pathologist Jon Woodlock determines diabetes and heart failure are to blame. The grieving nation revolts when the Republican Speaker of the House is sworn into the highest office. Politicians who protest the stolen election drop dead of natural causes, followed by prominent actors and activists. Jon must find who is causing underlying disease to overtake victims on cue. Many lives, including his own, are at stake. The race is on to figure out what—and who—is behind the deaths before it's too late, and a madman rules the world.


Personalized Murder
By Jeff Holt 
Review by HeidiLynn's BookReviews

First, I want to thank Jeffrey Holt for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Jeffrey Holt totally blew my mind with Personalized Murder. I’m not usually a fan of Political Thrillers-however- with the storyline that involves everything in a book I could not turn it down! It is fast paced reading from the start, incredible characters, mystery, suspense, medical aspect, jaw dropping multiple murders that will shock you, and a personal look into the families that run our country. This is a must-read book. 

This book to me was more of a Medical Mystery/Thriller with a sub-genre of political. Political being that the main characters were all Presidents, First Ladies, their families, etc. 

Jeffrey immediately inhaled me into the story and captured my attention. The words on my kindle were jumping out at me as if I were seeing this on the big screen someplace. In fact, thinking about it this book would make for a great movie on the big screen. I could mentally see this happening in my head unfolding like a movie. 

Having a medical background, I had a better understanding of the medical lingo in the book. I could appreciate that aspect of the book more. I do have a love for Medical Thrillers as well. One reason I agreed to this book. 

There are some incredibly strong characters in this book. Some, I don’t know what I would have done if put in their shoes. Others, I wanted to reach out and give them a hug. Many were put in situations they had no control over. One thing is for sure Jeffrey Holt is the master of character development in this genre. 

One thing I loved what Jeffrey did was he gave us a look beyond what the media usually shows us. He took us into the human aspect of it. Ever wonder how the children feel about moving into The White House? Read this book and find out Jeffrey’s take on it. 

I am very glad that I took a chance on Jeffrey Holt’s book. He Is a phenomenal story teller. 






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews