Feb 6, 2019

Review: Her Secret Son by Hannah Mary McKinnon


#NetGalley

Author Hannah Mary McKinnon



I was born in 1971 in Manchester, UK to British & Swiss parents. A year later they moved my older sister and I to Switzerland. Rather unsurprisingly I love mountains, chocolate and cheese… or mountains of chocolate and cheese, and my sister, of course.



After finishing commercial studies in Geneva, I worked as a PA for DuPont. A year later I moved to Neuchâtel and became the Purchasing Manager for an ultra-cool company that made motors for industrial and space applications. Finding myself lacking in theoretical knowledge, I returned to university, studying part-time for a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. And then a friend of a friend introduced me to another friend who’d started up an IT recruitment business. Over the next fifteen years I rose through the ranks to become CEO.

Things outside of work were hardly boring. A chance encounter back in the dark ages of the Internet in 1999 led me down the aisle with Rob, my Canadian rock, five months later. Actually it was exactly ten weeks after we met face-to-face at the Saint John airport in New Brunswick, Canada – and we’re still married. True story. Our first son was born in 2003, followed by identical twin boys just sixteen months later, so I’m heavily outnumbered. In 2010 we all moved to Oakville in Ontario, Canada.
Maybe it was the failed attempt at a start-up company, or the fact I suddenly found myself in my forties, but one morning I decided to follow my oldest passion, started writing, and never wanted to look back. I write fiction for adults and dabble a little in kid-lit. Sometimes I think I’ll never have enough time to get all of the ideas out of my head and on paper. I also have a soft spot for short stories and mud runs. I love mud runs… hey, wait… that’s another story I could write…!


Her Secret Son

By Hannah Mary McKinnon

Review written by Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews

First, I want to thank Hannah Mary McKinnon, Harlequin-Mira (USA and Canada) and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Psychological Thriller fans Her Secret Son by Hannah Mary McKinnon is a must-read book of 2019! This book pulls on your heart strings big time and wont let go. I suggest you get your tissues handy.  This book has so many twists and turns and so many shocking revelations. Trust me this is one book you will not want to put down until the book is done.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin-Mira for introducing me to Hannah Mary McKinnon. This is the first time that I have ever read anything by her. She has an incredible gift for storytelling in the psychological thriller genre. She is someone I would love to read and review for again in a heartbeat.

The cover design was incredibly beautiful. To the graphic designer you are very creative and talented.

This book was set in Albany, NY. Hannah mentions Upstate New York, Syracuse, and Nor’easters in the book. I had to smile as I live in Buffalo, NY and rarely see authors writing stories within my state.

Hannah did an incredible job bringing out the emotions, details and descriptions out in the book. She seemed to be very passionate about her characters especially Josh and Logan. You could tell by her writing style that she was close to these two characters. Then again I had a soft spot for these two as well.

I could see this being made into a NetFlix Original Movie.

At the end of the book there is a reader guide that would be good for book clubs.

  

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews