Jan 2, 2019

Review: Ripe Letters by Alan Semrow

Author Alan Semrow




**Thank you to Jazzy Book Reviews for letting me be a guest reviewer on their page.**

Rise Letters by Alan Semrow
written by Heidi Lynns Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Alan Semrow for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. I would also like to thank Jasmine Jordon for allowing me to be a guest reviewer on her blog Jazzy Book Reviews.

RIPE Letters by Alan Semrow was unlike any other LGBT book I had ever read before. Then again I love when authors go outside the box and do something different. Alan decided to write letters in this book but to me it felt more like a diary. There are about 45 letters total in this book.

I had a few favorites out of the 45 that caught my interest. Dear Peter Pan cracked me up immediately!! Come on who wouldn’t crack up laughing when the first line refers “the girls and I had been carrying around this blow-up doll with an erect penis.” The letter just gets better from there!! I have never read an author say “we fucked like volcanos.” That was a priceless line for me!! Well done Alan!!

How could you not like the letter that starts with Dear Ryan Gosling Lover LMAO!! That letter was beautifully written with detail about a special connection someone has with someone visually across the room. The physical and mental connection that Is off the charts but no action is taken.

Alan would like to thank Liz Phair, Frank Ocean, Sheryl Crow and Lana Del Rey for their music that has been ringing in his ears for so many years.

He would also like to thank Peggy Benton, Liz Morgan and Ben Monty for being the family he always wanted, but never thought he deserved. Unconditionally, he loves you. You have taught him so much.

Thank you for Madison LGBT community, in all its eccentricities for letting him in. You have made him feel at home.

Most of all he is thankful to all the men who informed these letters. You have left a mark on him.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews