Dec 22, 2018

Review: Bully Brother by Craig M. Dial


Author Craig M. Dial 

Craig grew up in Marin County in the late 1960's and 1970's
Where he experienced the hippie love culture from a child perspective. He is married and now lives 
near Sacramento, CA. 




David Dial 



Bully Brother By Craig M. Dial 
Review written by HeidiLynn BookReviews


First, I want to thank Craig M. Dial for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 

I have had the privilege this year to read some amazing memoirs that will stay with me after I have finished reading them. Bully Brother by Craig M. Dial is a true story of brotherly heartache and love is definitely one to be added to that list. 
This is a true story that is about Craig’s life between the ages of eight and sixteen beginning in 1970. Unlike any other authors I have read for he suggests having the Internet available while reading. When the story refers to a song title and artist, pause your reading, then search and listen to the music. The song will help set the stage for the tone of the story line for that chapter, and may help you better appreciate and understand the book. There is a play list in the back of the book. 
Craig shares incredible in-depth detailed stories about his mother, father and siblings growing up in California. The fact that he can remember all the details that he shared is mind blowing. I felt that I was actually there as he was telling the stories. He sure does has a gift for storytelling and needs to continue his writing career. 
After reading about Craig’s Mom I would love to meet her! Homemade Italian food is my weakness and I love to cook. I would love the chance to have a cooking lesson from her. Reading everything she cooks for everyone in the book was making me hungry. Lasagna is my total weakness! Craig was very lucky to grow up with a Mom like her. 
Please don’t let the title of the book Bully Brother fool you. Yes, growing up he was bullied but all kids are but read this book and there will be a life lesson at the end of the book. 
There is a turning point in the book that even I did not see coming that totally surprised me. This part of the book Craig poured his heart and soul into it. He was incredibly passionate about this section of the book. I totally understood why. My heart goes out to him and his family. From this section on was in my opinion was his best writing yet. 
This book is dedicated to Craig’s only daughter, Renee. He wishes she were still alive to read this book and he knows that your beautiful spirit shines on. 
Craig would like to thank his wife Sandra for encouraging him for writing this book. He also wants to thank his Nephew David, for whom he was named after my brother, but the two never met. He thanks him for asking you years ago about the man you were named after. You helped me get the courage to this story.



** After reviewing the book for Craig M. Dial I got a beautiful email from his mother thanking me for reading her son's book. The fact that she emailed me that touched my heart deeply! It was the first time an author's mother had ever written to me. I wrote back to each of them individually.  If I wasn't already deeply touched by the kindness from Mama Dial already-I was blown away by the email Craig sent next. I would like to share that with you. It is correspondence like this I get from authors that make reviewing books so rewarding.**

Heidi Lynn,

You amaze me, really you do. I see that you review so many books, yet you take the time for me to spend to write my mom and me. I can tell you are a passionate, caring person and I feel blessed that you took the time to read my book and know a part of my family. Your words to my mom meant a lot to her. Thank you.

Craig






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews