Sep 2, 2018

Review: Reason to Believe A Reason to Love Series: Book Two


Summary of Book 
Held hostage by her past and a sense that she is unworthy of love, can Olivia be saved?
Olivia Montgomery has learned in life that most people are self-serving and only have their own interests at heart. After a broken marriage and an unplanned pregnancy takes her to the one place she never wanted to go again, Olivia must fight for her freedom and independence.
In a moment of life or death she meets Tyler, a man who seeks to honor God in all his actions. His love is not like anything Olivia has ever known. It's foreign and yet the most powerful love she has ever experienced. It has the power to heal, to forgive, and it never gives up on her. Little does she know that there is One who can love her more than Tyler.
A heart-warming Christian romance that illustrates how God works out our hardships for His glory, continuously showering us with love.

Author T.K. Chapin

First, I want to thank TK Chapin for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

A Reason to Believe A Reason to Love Series: Book Two by T.K. Chapin has Best Selling status screaming all over it!! I am a huge fan of T.K. Chapin’s work for a few years now. I have read many of his books. Each book he writes his writing, his storytelling, the emotions he draws from the characters, the messages he tries to portray to his readers, and his overall love of faith and God gets-better-and-better. Reason to Believe is the best novel in my genuine opinion that he has ever written.

I do want to warn readers of events In the book that may trigger some. Infidelity on a spouse for 5 years and being confronted by the girlfriend, alcoholism and substance abuse to numb the pain of an injury, being kept from your daughter until you get clean and sober. There is also talk about ending your life and wanting to die when the character hit rock bottom.
The beginning of this book blew me out of the water big time. If you have ever read for T.K. you know this was far from his style of writing the first few pages. I literally was saying to myself oh no he didn’t just go there. How would you like it if your husband’s girlfriend Lisa of 5 years came over and introduced herself?!  Yup, that happens in this book! Oh that is just the beginning too!  I felt like I was watching something on Lifetime Channel unfold. BTW huge fan of those movies too! But WOW this begging of the book sure hooked me. I know for a fact it will hook other readers too.

This book will really make you sit down and really think about your life as a whole. As a reader I could identify with the chronic pain issue that Olivia was dealing with. I could understand the emotions she was going through and the acupuncture she tried. Never did I go down the poor road she did fortunately. But, I could empathize with her that it is lonely and you want to shut out the world when you are in this pain. I am glad that she had Tyler in her life to help her out.

Side note- If you are in chronic pain from whatever the reason is just know -you are NOT alone There are doctors who can help you. You don’t need to turn to alcohol or drugs.

Speaking of Tyler he literally was a gift from God in more ways than one! He saved Olivia’s life in more ways than one too. Out of all the couples that TK has matched made these two were my favorite. He saw someone special In her. He knew she was not perfect even though she was against the idea of God. However, he wasn’t really looking for perfection. Just someone perfect for him. That someone was Olivia. Even though she was broken he never gave up hope. He truly had a huge heart of gold! Tyler would be someone I would be proud to date.

There are so many stories within the main story of this book.

Overall, I absolutely loved this book! I was so happy to see Serenah and Charlie back again from Diamond Lake. I loved the fact that it was a longer book and the beginning and near the end was really strong. There was a lot of action and great scenes. However, I felt myself wondering at the end will they or wont they finally get together? Then I questioned why did the book end like this? Will the next book pick up where it left off with this couple?



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews