Jun 6, 2018

Prodigal Captive by Rachel Woods

#CandidBookReviews
First, I want to thank Rachel Woods for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Rachel Woods wrote the most unique and interesting mystery book with interesting topics in The Prodigal Captive that I have ever read before. There were times in the book where I was laughing and other times I was shaking my head thinking WOW she went there. I read a lot of mystery books but none of them deal with a severed penis from a dead body. Made me think of John Wayne Bobbitt. Whom ironically is from my neck of the woods. So, that is why I was laughing.

I totally commended Silas the character that came out to his father as thinking he was born the wrong gender! That must have been so hard to do coming out as being transgender. I am a very open-minded person and very pro LGBT. So, I was totally cool with this aspect of the story. What concerned me was he was one of the ones that went missing. You couldn’t help wonder if this was the reason behind it. However, he was not the only one that was missing.

This was a very fast paced moving mystery that kept you guessing. For me I kept wondering why they cut off his penis lmao!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews