I can barely breathe as my mother tells us there is a possibility that the father we adored might not be our birth father. Before I can process the secret she has kept from us, she takes my hand firmly in hers. ‘You have to find him Mairi, the other man. He is our last chance to save your sister.’
When I tell my husband Tom what my mother has asked me to do, I can see the pain on his face. All he wants is for me to rest and protect the precious life inside of me, the baby we hoped for all these years. How can I put my own happiness ahead of saving my sister’s life?
But finding the man my mother loved all those years ago is only the beginning. Because my sister is also hiding something, and it will change everything I thought I knew about our family. Am I truly prepared for what I will discover when I unravel the secrets of those I love the most? And will I be ready to make the most impossible choice of all?
An utterly gripping and heart-wrenching story about a devastating family secret. Perfect for fans of Kate Hewitt, Jodi Picoult and Diane Chamberlain.
Alison lived and worked in eight countries before settling in the USA. She now lives near Washington, D.C., with her husband and super-spoiled dogs. She loves to read, walk, spend time with family, travel, and cook comfort food.
Join her mailing list and be the first to hear about her new book releases at www.alisonragsdale.com.
First, I want to thank Alison Ragsdale, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.
Alison Ragsdale is back and better than ever and wanting to share Our Mother’s Secret with her readers. Ohh Helen didn't have just one little secret oh no there were multiple ones she was hiding from her family!! One bombshell after the other went off and family secrets were revealed! Reading this book played out like a movie on Hallmark and I loved it! If you like those types of movies you would love this book!
One aspect of this book I loved was how close the two sisters were in this book. So close that they would do anything for eachother through thick and thin.
Putting myself in the each of the girls shoes when learning the secrets was heartbreaking! I felt their pain from every angle of their storyline and wanted to comfort both of them! There are definately some jaw dropping moments that will leave you speachless.
There are multiple surprises that we the readers don’t see coming that shocked the heck out of me. Some amazing surprises that put a big ol smile on my face.
If you love reading emotional stories with a lot of family dynamic drama then you will love this book! Side note you may need a tissue or two. At least I did. But I am a sap and crier!





0 comments:
Post a Comment