A year ago, I kissed my three-year-old goodbye before a work trip and promised I’d be home before she knew it.
I wasn’t.
When I went missing, everyone searched for me but eventually they had to admit the worst: that I was dead.
And maybe the woman I was did die.
Because now I’m back, finally home after surviving the unthinkable, and nothing fits anymore. My family looks at me differently. They listen to my story, what I’ve been through – and I can tell they don’t quite believe it.
Because the truth sounds impossible. Even to me.
And then there’s Phoebe. Who looks up at me with those eyes that mean the world, and sees… a stranger.
Will life ever be the same? Can I be the mother my daughter needs after so long away? And after everything I’ve been through, can anyone ever trust me again?
A gripping, emotionally powerful novel about the unbreakable bond between mother and child. Perfect for readers of Jodi Picoult.
BUY WHAT KIND OF MOTHER?
First, I want to thank Sheila Norton, Boldwood Books and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review!
Sheila Norton has a way of touching my heart with her books either through her storylines or the characters themselves. In What Kind of Mother she went outside of the box with her storytelling to throw a different twist on a missing person’s case that will pull hard on your heart strings-big time!
I absolutely loved how she was able to combine my two fave genre’s into one and keep me entertained throughout the whole book! In my eyes it is one of her best!
Instantly, Sheila engulfed my attention within the first few sentences in her prologue that starts out 13 months earlier to when the story begins. An empathetic person I am, I was instantly worried about what was going on with this person whom I was reading about-not that I knew who she was. She seemed so scared and waves of panic were hitting her and I was scared for her and needed to know why!! Where was she? Why couldn’t she remember where she was? Plus, who was this random strange guy that was there with her?? What really happened to her to make her got into this state of confusion? I just had to keep reading to find out!! WOW what a way to start out a book!!
Sheila jumps from one juicy story to the next one that I found fascinating with a little bit of a twist to it. She brings you a long awaited Mother/ Daughter reunion that has been way over due. For you can just imagine the emotional overload that had to be seeing your four years old. How would you react to the news she was back?? Pick up Sheila Norton’s What Kind of Mother and find out today!





0 comments:
Post a Comment