Jul 19, 2026

#BookReview #LongBuried #ElleryKane #CampNetGalley

 


In 1997, the seniors of Sweetbriar High School buried a time capsule at their graduation ceremony. That same night, one of their own—Homecoming Queen Blair Lennox—disappeared without a trace.


Twenty years later, Juniper Pickett returns to Sweetbriar on a mission, driving all night from San Francisco with a world of trouble in her rearview. There's no going back. Not after what she's done. Tomorrow, they'll exhume the time capsule and expose her darkest secret.

When Juniper accidentally unearths the body of her missing classmate, she finds herself with a target on her back in a race to clear her name. Because it's not true what they say about small towns...

There ARE strangers.

There ARE secrets.

And you CAN go home again. But you may not get out alive.

 
Perfect for readers who love...

⏳ Small-town secrets
⏳ Time capsule mystery with a dash of romance
⏳ Missing homecoming queen
⏳ Everyone knows something
⏳ You can go home again... maybe
 
About the Series...Straight from the mind of a forensic psychologist comes an addictive new series of betrayal, lust, revenge, and murder. These doctors earned their degrees from the dark side. And once you start reading, you won't be able to stop. Other books in the Doctors of Darkness series include Daddy Darkest, The Hanging Tree, The First Cut, Shadows Among Us, and Lucky Girl.


About the author

Forensic psychologist by day, novelist by night, Ellery Kane has been writing--professionally and creatively--for as long as she can remember. Just like many of her main characters, Ellery loves to ask why, which is the reason she became a psychologist in the first place. Real life really is stranger than fiction, and Ellery's writing is often inspired by her day job evaluating violent criminals. If you don't find Ellery interviewing murderers behind prison walls or pecking away at her latest novel, she is probably at the gym landing a solid jab-cross to a punching bag; riding bicycles with her special someone; or enjoying a movie the old-fashioned way--at the theater with popcorn and Milk Duds.

Ellery was previously selected as one of ten semifinalists in the MasterClass James Patterson Co-Author Competition and is the author of the Doctors of Darkness, Rockwell and Decker, and Legacy Series. She has also authored four standalone thrillers with Bookouture: The House Sitter, The Good Wife, The Wrong Family, and My Missing Daughter. Currently, Ellery is working on the sixth book in her Doctors of Darkness series...coming in early 2026!

Long Buried 
Written By Ellery Kane
Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews 


First, I want to thank Ellery Kane and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this book.


Thank you Camp NetGalley for reuniting me with one of my favorite authors Ellery Kane! It has been a while since I have read twisted tales and forgot how much I have missed them. This time around I got to read Long Buried as part of her Doctors of Darkness Series. This book was fast paced, suspenseful, mysterious, had its share of heartbreak and heartfelt moments, as well as deep hidden secrets with exploding endings. It is a book that keeps you on your toes wanting to know the outcome of how the storyline will end. 


I loved how Ellery dedicated this book to her Dad. He taught her to live by the cowboy code. 


The first page of Chapter One caught my eye and had me chuckling right away. They say you can’t go home again. What they mean is you shouldn’t. I shouldn’t. And from there on out Ellery hooked me. I needed to find out why Junipher shouldn’t have gone back home. 


One of the many things I really enjoyed and found relatable was Juniper and I both graduated high school in the 90’s. That being said I loved all the references to the 90’s as to this day I am still a 90’s girl at heart. I smiled as they were about to have their high school reunion and wondered how everyone changed or stayed the same. Oh and my favorite is the time capsule and what Junipher really put in it and what she had to dig up before anyone saw. The secrets she was keeping from everyone that would shock everyone once they were exposed. 


There were so many wicked twists that makes Long Buried a must read.  





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews