Sep 29, 2024

#BookTour #NotYourChild #SheilaNorton #Boldwood #NetGalley #BoldwoodBooks #RachelsRandomResources

 


 Not Your Child

I found you because I wanted to tell you. Jack is with someone else. He’s got no intention of sending for you or the kiddie or seeing you ever again. Don’t try to contact him, you’ll never find him.

All it takes is one message for Gemma’s life to fall apart. A confirmation of all she’s feared these last few months. Jack was supposed to be preparing for their new start in Australia, building their home, building their life together. And now this. Gone. Without a trace. Leaving their perfect world – all that their two-year-old daughter, Poppy, knows and cherishes – shattered.

Crystal comes into Gemma’s life at the opportune moment. This new friend, who’s been through it before, who knows how it feels for all of your hopes and dreams to suddenly implode, who wants to help, who will do anything

Crystal loves Poppy. And Poppy loves Crystal. The minute they meet it’s as if all of the heartbreak over her dad leaving dissipates. Poppy feels whole again. And in a way, so does Gemma.

But what starts as a small kernel of jealousy soon grows into a larger sense of unease. Who is this woman who’s so obsessed with her daughter? And why does it feel like there’s something she’s not telling her?

A powerful and emotional women’s fiction novel about motherhood, friendship and just how far we’re willing to go for

Purchase Link - https://mybook.to/notyourchildsocia



Sheila Norton is the author of contemporary, feel-good fiction set in Devon. In 2022 she won the RNA’s Best Christmas Novel for her twenty-third book Winter at Cliff’s End Cottage.

Social Media Links – 

Facebook: @SheliaNortonAuthor

Twitter: @NortonSheilaann

Instagram: @sheilaann.norton

Newsletter Sign Up: https://bit.ly/SheilaNortonNews










Not Your Child 
Written By Sheila Norton 
Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Sheila Norton, Boldwood Books and Rachel’s Random Resources for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


Ohh I just knew I was going to fall in love with Sheila Norton’s Not Your Child! The cover of the book instantly caught my eye, the book title, and the description captured my attention. Most of all when the publisher compares the book to one of your favorite author Emma Robinson’s books you know you need to read it. Now I didn’t ugly cry like I do with Emma’s but there were parts that pulled on my heart strings. 


Instantly, I was sucked into the story and was going through all the emotions that Gemma was going through when she got the news. My heart went out to her during this time. 


Poppy was my favorite character in the whole book. She was the absolute cutest and sweetest little girl that tugged on my heartstrings. 


Family and Friendships were two big themes in this book. 


I really loved how Sheila thought outside of the box when she created the characters' names. Names like Gemma and Poppy are not popular in my neck of the woods. 


Not Your Child was filled with so many wicked twists and turns leading up to Crystal’s shocking confession that blew my mind. 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews