May 9, 2024

#BlogTour #NotMyMother #TheoBaxter #InkubatorBooks #ZoolooBookTours

 

Jake’s mom went to hospital. Someone else came back.

Carly has a complicated personal life. She’s been the mistress of famous artist Nelson Carter for the past five years. 

Now Nelson has finally left his wife Amanda, but instead of committing to Carly, he’s indulging in a series of one-night stands. 

She has had enough and is about to leave him when a vicious attack on Amanda means Carly has to put her plans on hold to care for Nelson’s traumatized ten-year-old son, Jake. 

Only when Amanda is released from hospital can Carly finally move on with her life. But then a frightened Jake confides a disturbing secret - ‘That’s not my mom’. 

He is convinced the woman who came home from hospital is an imposter. Carly tries to brush this off, but she can see that Amanda’s behavior does seem strange. 

 

And when someone targets Jake, Carly realizes she has to get to the truth of what’s happening.

A decision that leads her step by terrifying step towards a dark secret that will change her life forever.

 Goodreads : https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/210394720-not-my-mother



Theo Baxter loves writing psychological suspense thrillers. It’s all about that last reveal that he loves shocking readers with.

He grew up in New York, where there was crime all around. He decided to turn that into something positive with his fiction.

His stories will have you reading through the night—they are very addictive!






Not My Mother

Written By Theo Baxter

Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank Theo Baxter, Inkubator Books and Zooloo Book Tours for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


WOW!! Theo Baxter’s books keep getting better and better! I absolutely adored his latest fast paced suspenseful psychological thriller Not My Mother! This is a book that will really keep you on your toes! It is a definite must read. 


Within the first line of the book I was drawed into the storyline as the beginning was so intense! I knew right from that first page that I was going to love this book and I did!


Jake pulled hard on my heart strings big time! Such a young kid dealing so much with his parents and Carley. No child should have to feel all the feels he did. 


I was team Carly all along!! I totally empathize with the relationship she had with Nelson as I was in a similar one years ago. The more I learned about Nelson and how he treated Carly, Jake and Amanda the more I despised him. Oh there were times I was yelling at my Kindle because of him! 


The whole time I am reading this I questioned is Amanda really that dumb?! Hello her husband has been cheating on you for years, she is taking care of your child, and you are clueless about who she really is to him?! For this fact and many other reasons Amanda irked me! 


This is another book that reminds me that being single is not so bad after all! 


Carly’s career as an artist interested me especially the fact that she designed book covers. 


Oh there were shocking jaw dropping moments that left me absolutely speechless! So many wicked twists, turns and unbelievable outcomes to everything going on. My main question is how did Theo come up with this storyline! It was brilliant!


 


1 comments:

Zooloo's Book Diary said...

I felt the same way!! Thank you for being a part of the tour x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews