Dec 19, 2023

#BookReview #OnceThereWasAChild #DarleneKwarta #AtmospherePress

 

ONCE THERE WAS A CHILD

"Hey, it's Darlene. I got the job!"

"Great! How many other teachers applied for that position?" "Just me! I guess no one else was up for the challenge of a multi- handicapped class of junior high kids, but I am."

"Uh, Congratulations, I think."

"Thanks, I'm going to love it!"

And she did.

As a child, Darlene always felt like an outsider and was drawn to others like herself. She learned sign language from her deaf neighbor, Joe, and was the only person in the neighborhood who could communicate with him. The Helen Keller story inspired Darlene. So did the movie Teacher Teacher, which is about a teacher with many demons who works with a severely autistic, lonely young boy. Those teachers brought both of these children into a world they might never have known or become a part of. That's what Darlene wanted to do. In her first book, ONCE THERE WAS A CHILD, Darlene Kwarta chronicles her journey with children who were often forgotten.

https://www.amazon.com/There-Child-Darlene-Pscheidell-Kwarta-ebook/dp/B0BFBVJZSW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3GDQN8R8H8O59&keywords=darlene+kwarta&qid=1703032720&sprefix=Kwarta%2Caps%2C271&sr=8-1

Darlene Kwarta is a retired special education teacher, mom to three adult children, grandma to six kids, former foster mom, author, Honor Flight Chicago volunteer, wife of a very patient man, and mom to two dogs who don’t know they’re dogs, not honored guests in our house. And yes, Mr. B. was the best principal, mentor, friend, and the kindest man Darlene ever had the honor of knowing.


Once There Was A Child
Written By Darlene Kwarta
Reviewed By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Darlene Pscheidell Kwarta and Atmosphere Press for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.


Once There Was A Child is a beautifully written book by Darlene Pscheidel Kwarta that will pull on your heartstrings! This book put a smile on my face, love in my heart, a few chuckles here and there and even shed a little tear. This is a short quick read that needs to be put on your TBR list. 


Darlene instantly grasped my attention with her emotional beginning to her book! She is blessed to work with some amazing kids that face challenges daily. What she does is so rewarding and brings her much satisfaction. 


I enjoyed reading her experiences that she encountered with some of her children that she taught. 


That ending I didn’t see coming and it broke my heart to read! 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews