Sep 11, 2023

#BooksonTour #TheHotel #EmilyShiner #Bookouture #NetGalley

 


As we welcome the Rowe family to our beautiful clifftop hotel, a shadow passes over my husband’s face. In that moment I see it: my husband is hiding a terrible secret. Has he put us all in danger?

Mark and I pride ourselves on giving visitors to our hotel, high on the rugged Maine cliffs with views of the ocean, a vacation they won’t forget. But the Rowes arestrangely over-familiar when they arrive with their teenage daughter. The wife puts a hand on Mark’s forearm and her husband meets my eyes with a knowing look as I hold my little son tight. They gush that they loved their previous stay here… But I’m certain I’ve never seen them before.

Mark reassures me that the Rowes are just being friendly. We have so many visitors, maybe we forgot meeting them. When I am locked in the master bedroom for over an hour, he later soothes my panic and says it was just an accident. But I know one of the Rowes was out in the hallway listening to me cry for help. I hear one of them whispering a lullaby to my baby on his monitor. I cannot trust these people.

But as the relentless icy rain gives way to the biggest blizzard of the season and we become cut off, I realize my son and I are trapped. Mark knows more about the Rowes than he’s letting on. I’ll do anything to protect my gorgeous baby boy. But how far will I have to go, to keep him safe?

The Hotel is a totally twisty locked room thriller that you won’t be able to put down. Fans of Shalini Boland, Freida McFadden and Jeneva Rose will be glued to the pages!

Emily Shiner always dreamed of becoming an author. After spending years devouring stacks of thrillers, she decided to try her hand at writing them herself. Now she gets to live out her dream of writing novels and sharing her stories with people around the world. She lives in the Appalachian Mountains and loves hiking with her husband, daughter, and their two dogs.

Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Emily Shiner here: https://bookouture.com/subscribe/emily-shiner/

Buy Link:

Audio:



The Hotel 
Written by 
Emily Shiner
Review by
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Emily Shiner, Bookouture, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


Dang Emily Shiner you are on fire girl!! I thought The Wife in the Photo was good but OMG The Hotel was even better!! I was totally addicted!! I was at the edge of my seat biting my already short nails! This book was mind blowing, thrilling, extremely suspenseful, and total jaw dropping shock value!


The Hotel reminded me how much I hate all things winter!! I know, I know I live in Buffalo, NY, home of terrible winters-but I hate being cold!! Even though it is hotter than blazes out this book gave me all the chills-not just weather wise!! 


Sweet little two year old Henry was my favorite character of them all! This little guy pulled on my heart strings hard! He was just the cutest little guy ever!


I absolutely loved how Emily built up the suspense with all the hidden secrets and drama leading up to the earth shattering climatic scenes!! Ohh those secrets were oh so good and twisted!! 


Ohh you should have seen my facial expressions as I was reading the climactic scenes!!! I could not believe what I was reading!! One minute I was laughing evilly and the next I was stone faced shocked!! Many around me asked me if I was ok! 


Emily is a brilliant storyteller!! She has a gift for writing in this genre! Bookouture is so lucky to have her on their team! I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next! 


Another 5 stars for Emily Shiner!! Go out and grab this book and put it on the top of your TBR list along with The Wife in the Photo!! 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews