Oct 15, 2022

#BooksonTour #ToBeAMother #EmmaRobinson #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

What if your only chance to be a mother was to give birth to his first wife’s child?

All I’ve ever wanted is to be a mother. And since I married 
David, it’s gone from being a dream of mine, to a dream of ours. And I want it for him too – it’s the happy-ever-after he deserves after the tragic loss of his first wife, Katherine.

We have tried and we’ve hoped. But today I’ve just found out it’s impossible. That I’m unable to become a mother. My heart breaking into thousands of pieces, I beg the doctor to tell me there’s another way.

But it’s David who speaks. Telling me that just before Katherine died, she had gone through fertility treatment. Now her eggs legally belong to David. To us.

It could be my only chance to be the mother I’ve always longed to be… But can I really carry his first wife’s baby?

With dizzying plot twists and emotional, heart-breaking family drama, this powerfully uplifting story is certain to leave readers sobbing. Perfect for fans of Jodi Picoult, Diane Chamberlain and Colleen Hoover.

Emma Robinson is the author of several women’s fiction novels. She also blogs about the funny side of parenting and has contributed to podcasts such as Funny Women. Whilst her early novels are humorous, her recent work focuses on emotional themes and these novels are both heart-breaking and life affirming. Emma enjoys writing stories which explore the power of family and friendship in the most challenging circumstances.


Emma currently lives in Essex with a husband, two children and a small black dog.


https://motherhoodforslackers.com/

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodforslackers/

https://www.instagram.com/emmarobinsonuk/

https://twitter.com/emmarobinsonuk


Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Emma Robinsonhere: https://www.bookouture.com/emma-robinson  

Buy Link:



To Be A Mother
Written By
Emma Robinson
Review By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Emma Robinson, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


Ohh how I just LOVE Emma Robinson’s books!!! She is one of the few authors I will read anything by! She writes about such sensitive issues facing women today with such empathy and compassion. To Be A Mother is one of those beautifully written novels that you must stock up on tissues-trust me I bawled my eyes out with this one. 


Emma wrote an extremely sensitive yet very powerful book that focuses on IVF, egg donation, and adoption. She wanted to take this opportunity to celebrate all the Moms out there. Even if you are not blessed to have children of your own this book will touch everyone’s heart. 


As always Emma does a fantastic job educating us readers by doing her research on this topic. I love all things medical and always am fascinated by what I learn.


In most of Emma’s books I try to put myself into the character’s shoes to feel the empathy that they are feeling. The emotions that I had in this book were all over the place! I wanted Hannah and David to be parents more than anything but the many twists in the story had me questioning it. There was one major medical concern I had that I actually meant to google-however all was revealed to put my mind at ease at the end. 


Did I mention you will need tissues? Not just a few…ok maybe a few boxes! With all Emma’s twists and turns in this book and climatic reveal you will need some! This is one of Emma’s best books to date. Then again I don’t think I have read a book by her I didn’t like! 


Emma has the best of the best cover artists around! The graphics on her To Be A Mother are stunning! Great job!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews