Sep 1, 2022

#ReleaseDayFrenzy #FollowersofTheOwl #MGHernandez #DishaSaini #BookToursWithEmstar

 

Book Name: Followers of the Owl
Series Name: Wakefield Chronicles
Genre: YA mystery
Tropes: Interracial Romance, BIPOC FMC and MMC, dual POV
Trigger Warnings: Frequent use of profanity, drug and alcohol use, no sex but brief sexual interactions, dysfunctional relationships, brief discussions of triggering topics: sexual/physical abuse etc.

Synopsis

Eighteen-year-old Dee Bailey works hard on her personal brand. She’s intelligent and passionate about her community. To her peers, she’s a great friend and everyone’s favorite social butterfly. 

But when alone, she’s terrorized by a secret that leaves her cowering to the floor. Until one night, a mysterious girl in white appears on the manicured lawn of her family’s vacation home. She follows the robed figure into the woods with no clue that she’s about to change the course of her future.

Meanwhile, Brandon Cuenca is drowning in the weight of his self-sabotage. Mourning the death of his girlfriend, he throws himself deep into a world of drug binges and questionable life choices—until the news of another disappearance of a Wakefield teenager forces him to set his problems aside. The victim was the third girl abducted in their social circle. 

But when a chance encounter lands him in her path, he learns that bringing her home is more complicated than finding her. What happens when the missing doesn’t want to be found?

Followers of the Owl explores greed and the human need to find light in the darkness.


Amazon





A little bit about me. I love the sun and the ocean, but I also love snuggling by the window on a rainy day with a hot cup of coffee and a good book. Growing up, I loved reading Nancy Drew Mysteries and all the Chronicles of Narnia. Am I dating myself?!?

I’m currently based in Honolulu, working the nine to five as a medical social worker. When I’m not reading novels or dreaming about plots to write, I’m hanging out with my beach-loving husband, my two amazing teenage stepsons (if they’re not busy bodyboarding at the Pipeline), and my two grumpy guinea pigs.


Email/Twitter/Instagram/GoodReads/Website





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews