Sep 29, 2022

#BooksonTour #TheChildBetweenUs #AlisonRagsdale #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

My beautiful girl, you are my missing piece. You came into my life and changed everything, placing your warm little hand in mine, and looking up at me with your sky-blue eyes, so full of hope. Little did we know what lay ahead, but for a while at least, we had each other…


When I first met you, darling Marina, you were just five years old. You took my breath away, with your long, dark waves and pink cheeks. You needed me, and I instantly knew I’d do anything to protect you. When six years ago, my heart was shattered, I was left utterly broken – but I didn’t know just how lost I was until you filled that hole in my heart.


You quickly became the centre of my world, your sweet laugh my favourite sound. But then things started to change… I put my pain down to work stress, but when the diagnosis came through it was worse than I could ever have imagined.


Our world is about to come crashing down around us, little one, and I don’t know how to stop it. I’ve finally discovered the truth behind the betrayal that rocked me to my core all those years ago. The pain of my past could be the one thing that saves us – or tears us apart. We’re just becoming a family, Marina, should I risk everything to trust the one person who hurt me? They could be your only hope.


We only have each other… But if I don’t make it, what will happen to you?


The Child Between Us is a heart-wrenching story about an impossible choice and what it really means to be a mother. Readers who love Kate Hewitt, Jodi Picoult and Diane Chamberlain will be utterly gripped.


Buy Link: https://geni.us/B0B63J99BRsocial


A former marketing executive, originally from Edinburgh, Alison now lives near Washington D.C. with her husband and dog. She was educated in England and holds an MBA from Leicester University.

For more information on upcoming books go to www.alisonragsdale.com.

 

SOCIAL MEDIA

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authoralisonragsdale

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/AlisonRagsdale



The Child Between Us
Written By 
Alison Ragsdale
Review By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Alison Ragsdale, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.


Ohh Alison Ragsdale sure knows how to pull on my heart strings!! Fair warning you will need a box of tissues for her latest The Child Between Us!! It. Will. Give. You. All. The. Feels. And. Then. Some!! Needless to say I loved it and was instantly hooked from the very beginning. It is one that you start and you just can’t put it down! You will definitely want to clear your schedule for this 5 star must read book! 


Oh I knew just from seeing this adorable cover and reading Alison’s title of the book that I was going to love it. The graphic artists at Bookouture always do a fantastic job with their book covers! 


Alison would like to dedicate this book to her sisters. She says there are none better nor more precious. 


When I heard that Alison was coming out with a new book I knew that it was a must read. I have been a fan of hers for a while now as all of her stories capture my heart in one way or another. Once again she did not disappoint. 


Oh how my heart ached for Cassie who just found out about the tragic death of her twin sister Isla. Not only that but we are introduced to Isla’s daughter Marina who never met her Aunt Cassie! The two of them are both mourning the loss and sweet Emily can’t understand why she can’t see her Mommy anymore! Oh it just broke my heart in two!! 


So many secrets were kept from Carrie about Isla’s life that are just coming to realization now that she is gone! Some that were hard for her to swallow. 





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews