Aug 8, 2022

#BlogTour #TheInsomniac #MirandaRijks #InkubatorBooks #zooloobooktours

 


Daisy thinks her insomnia is the worst thing in the world. She's wrong.

Daisy hasn’t had a good night’s sleep in years. Her chronic insomnia has gotten so bad, it’s affecting her job as a journalist. So she’s delighted when she’s asked to review a new, luxurious sleep clinic - this could be the answer to her prayers.


At first, everything about the clinic seems perfect - the stunning seaside location, the beautiful rooms, the exquisite cuisine.


Clinic owner and chief therapist, Amity, is sure she can cure Daisy’s insomnia by uncovering its root cause. But to do that, she’ll use hypnosis to probe deep into Daisy’s past. And that’s not good – because Daisy has a terrible secret.


As Amity digs into her mind, Daisy feels more and more vulnerable. She begins to think there is something off about the clinic. Is her insomnia making her paranoid or does Amity have her own sinister agenda?


Fearing the past has finally caught up with her, Daisy wonders if she should just leave. But that’s not so easy – because this clinic, which was supposed to offer rest and safety, is the most terrifying place she’s ever been…



Buy Links - https://geni.us/szbv2




Author Bio

 

Miranda Rijks is a writer of psychological thrillers and suspense novels. She has an eclectic background ranging from law to running a garden centre. She’s been writing all of her life and has a Masters in writing. A couple of years ago she decided to ditch the business plans and press releases and now she’s living the dream, writing suspense novels full time. She lives in Sussex, England with her Dutch husband, musician daughter and black Labrador.

Follow her at:


Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/MirandaRijksAuthor

Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/mirandarijksauthor/

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/MirandaRijks

Website: https://mirandarijks.com/

 




The Insomniac
Written By
Miranda Rijks
Reviewed By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Miranda Rijks, Inkubator, and Zooloo’s Book Tours for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


O.M.G!!! Miranda Rijks will turn you into an insomniac for a night!! You will literally be glued to your kindle for this fast paced, intense twisted read that will have your head spinning!! It has to be one of my favorite psychological thrillers I have read this year. Infact, I would also say it is one of Miranda’s best written books to date as well. It is definately a must add to your TBR list. 


Kudos to the amazing job of those graphic designers whom created this creepy looking cover!! I loved it and it fit so well with the theme of the book. 


Miranda is a phenominal writer who thinks up creative stories that are outside of the box! 


As a sufferer of Insomnia myself I related to Daisy’s character in many aspects. While reading this book I put myself into her shoes to experience what she was going through. 


Miranda did a phenominal job educating her readers about insomnia, hypnosis and other mental health issues. Infact, some of the methods she talks about I may end up trying. 


There were two specific incidents that I was totally scared out of my mind with worry for Daisy. Seriously, I was yelling at my Kindle!! I would have acted the same way that she did!! 


Besides the insomnia storyline there were other very interesting stories that were intertwined. 


Nothing prepared me for totally shocking twisted climax that literally came out of nowhere and blew my mind on so many levels!! I was just speachless! 








1 comments:

Zooloo's Book Diary said...

Thank you so much for taking part i the tour today and sharing this wonderful review x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews