Jul 28, 2022

#BlogTour #TheOtherGirlfriend #AlexStone #BoldwoodBooks #RachelsRandomResources #NetGalley

 


 The Other Girlfriend

She loves him…


Lizzie Green once loved Tom Murphy with a passion that bordered on obsession. All she wanted was his love to be returned. Then one night something terrible happened and Tom left Lizzie broken hearted. She swore she would never let him hurt her again….


She loves him not.


Now, ten years later, Tom turns up on Lizzie’s doorstep still as charming as ever. Lizzie knows he still has the power to break her heart and destroy her life again. But Lizzie can’t say no to him….


Can she?


Purchase Link - https://amzn.to/3vNxKa9





Alex Stone, originally an accountant from the West Midlands, is now a psychological suspense writer based in Dorset. This beautiful and dramatic coastline is the inspiration and setting for her novels. She was awarded the Katie Fforde Bursary in 2019 and her debut thriller The Perfect Daughter was published by  Boldwood in October 2021.

 

Social Media Links – 



Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AlexStoneWriter

Twitter https://twitter.com/AlexStoneAuthor

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/alexstoneauthor/

Newsletter Sign Up: https://bit.ly/AlexStoneNewsletter

Bookbub profile: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/alex-stone-69a67039-4aed-4e8c-9319-9e93eba46d5b



The Other Girlfriend
Written By
Alex Stone
Review By 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Alex Stone, Boldwood Books, NetGalley and Rachel's Random Resources for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


OMG WOW!!! Alex Stone blew me away with her follow up to her debut novel The Perfect Daughter! The Other Girlfriend was an incredibly powerful and intense book that brought so many emotions out within me as I found it to be somewhat relatable. This is one book that you will want to clear your schedule to read in one sitting. A 5 star must read that would be perfect for book clubs as there is so much to discuss. 


I absolutely loved the beautiful cover of The Other Girlfriend and thought the graphics department did a great job. 


Alex Stone is an incredible storyteller and has been a fan of hers since The Perfect Daughter. There were storylines that she threw in that in a way hit close to home. In this instance I felt total empathy towards Lizzie/Beth as I was once in a love triangle where I was lied to. I felt all the jealousy, hurt, lust, rage, self doubt, etc. 


One huge theme that was important to be  addressed all throughout the book was mental health. Alex did a brilliant job. Everything Lizzie/Beth was going through affected her mental health and the steps she was taking to better herself. 


Alex Stone was clever and gave us a few jaw dropping mind blowing twist of events that altered the story like you wouldn’t believe. I was just shaking my head as I read the scene! I was at the point where I was yelling at my kindle at the huge revelation and their true colors were shown. 


One thing I loved about this book is how it went from present day to back in the day. Seeing both sides of the story got a better glimpse of what was really going on. 


I am not a fan of rereading books but this is one I would definitely reread again. 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews