Jul 11, 2022

#BlogTour #MyLittleBrother #DianeSaxon #BoldwoodBooks #RachelsRandomResources #NetGalley

 


 My Little Brother

Two siblings, both missing for 20 years turn up within one day of each other. One dead. One alive.

 

It was an ordinary school day, the day I lost my little brother.

One moment he was on the roundabout and then was gone. Gone. Missing.

They all blamed me. I was in charge. Even though I was only ten years old.

They sent me away. The hurt, the shame, the questions. The not knowing.

I tried to move on.

 

It’s been nineteen years in exile and now somebody wants me back.

Someone with a dark secret. They hold the keys, they know the truth.

So, I need to return to the Welsh village of my childhood to find out who, because I have a secret, too…

I did something bad.

Diane Saxon’s standalone thriller is sure to plunge you into the dark world of secrets and lies.

Purchase Link - https://amzn.to/3sdQ4qJ


Diane Saxon previously wrote romantic fiction for the US market but has now turned to writing psychological crime. Find Her Alive was her first novel in this genre and introduced series character DS Jenna Morgan. She is married to a retired policeman and lives in Shropshire.


Social Media Links – 

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/authordianesaxon

Twitter https://twitter.com/Diane_Saxon

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/dianesaxonauthor/

Newsletter Sign Up: http://bit.ly/DianeSaxonNewsletter

Bookbub profile:https://www.bookbub.com/authors/diane-saxon




My Little Brother

Written By

Diane Saxon

Review By

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews 

First, I want to thank Diane Saxon, Boldwood Books, NetGalley and Rachel’s Random Resources for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.


O.M.G!! If you are obsessed with psychological thrillers like Diane Saxon’s My Little Brother is one you must put on your list! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! Diane will leave you wide eyed, jaw dropped, mind spinning and in disbelief at the secrets and revelations in this book! It is a book that won’t soon be forgotten after you turn the last page. Amazing job Diane!


My Little Brother is every parent’s worst nightmare come true! You trust your daughter to watch your son as they are out to play. However, he goes missing on her watch! My heart broke for his mother and the guilt that Caryn had is unimaginable! 


Diane had me on so many occasions in this book nibbling on my nails and on the edge of my seat as this book is very suspenseful! I just had to know what happened to sweet Lloyd all these years later after he disappeared. However, nothing could prepare me for the shock of a lifetime that was about to come! I still have that creepy mental picture stuck in my brain!! 


Within this book Diane brought awareness to many important topics that were relevant to the storyline. One of the issues was panic/anxiety attacks that unfortunately I know all too well about. So, I felt for the character going through them. 


Diane let us get to know Lloyd a little better with flashbacks to the day in question. 


One thing in the book that I thought was unique is she incorporated the Welsh language into the story. Don’t worry you don’t need to know Welsh to read this book. She translates the small parts she does use. My question was how did you pronounce the words that were being said in Welsh. 


The graphics department did a fantastic job of capturing my attention with the cover they designed. Between the cover and My Little Brother I knew this was going to pull on my heart strings and thensome. Boy was I right!  








0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews