Feb 5, 2022

#BooksonTour #AmIAllergicToMen #KristenBailey #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

You think you’ve got it bad? I lost my memory, I’m so single I’ve basically got an allergy to men, and my own cat despises me.

‘Lucy! If you can hear me, squeeze my hand!’

That’s the first thing I hear when I wake up in hospital. Then my sister drops a bombshell: I’ve been in a coma.

It gets worse. In my head, it’s 2009 and I’m seventeen. Somehow, I need to remember the last decade…

Plan A: Track down my exes. Highlights include a one-night stand with someone in a Batman costume, and balcony sex that gave the neighbours a nervous breakdown.

Plan B: Get flirty. Lowlights include a fling with someone hairier than a yeti.

Plan C: Figure out why I have more exes than underwear. Am I allergic to men?

As I piece together my past, I find a mysterious note: Oscar, 9th February. Determined to work out what it means, I uncover a secret I’ve been hiding from everyone.

When the truth comes out, will my memory return? Will I get my life back? And will I ever find the cure to my singledom?

You’ll laugh so much your abs ache! The perfect page-turner for fans of Sophie Kinsella, Lindsey Kelk and TV shows like Schitt’s Creek.


Author Bio:

Mother-of-four, gin-drinker, binge-watcher, receipt hoarder, enthusiastic but terrible cook. Kristen also writes. She has had short fiction published in several publications including Mslexia & Riptide. Her first two novels, Souper Mum and Second Helpings were published in 2016. In 2019, she was long listed in the Comedy Women in Print Prize and has since joined the Bookouture family. She writes women's fiction and she hopes her novels have fresh and funny things to say about modern life, love and family.


You can find out more about her at her website: www.kristenbaileywrites.com.


https://www.facebook.com/kristenbaileywrites/

https://www.instagram.com/kristenbaileywrites/

https://twitter.com/mrsbaileywrites


The fabulous Kristen has created a quiz so that readers can find out which sister they are. Exciting, right? https://www.tryinteract.com/share/quiz/61da008b0e1b5c0018cf633d


Buy Links:

Audio:

Hear a sample here:


Am I Allergic To Men?
Written By
Kristen Bailey
Review By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Kirsten Bailey, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


O.M.G. Kristen Bailey had me cracking up hysterically laughing out loud reading your latest RomCom Am I Allergic To Men? Kristen brings you such a fun, addictive and easy read that will put an everlasting smile on your face. You will totally get a kick out of the meaning behind the book title. 


I have read many dedications to books in my book reviewing career! However, none of them quite made me chuckle like Kristen’s did! I loved how she dedicated this book to Nick who doesn’t think she is funny at all. However, he married her. 


Thanks to Kirsten I now can’t get TLC’s Scrubs song out of my head! No joke, I was singing along with the characters in my head. Plus, I would have loved to be on the dance floor with them! 


Right from the prologue  I LOVED the attitude and the drama that was unfolding!! I wanted to jump into the book and high five Lucy!! It read like a prime time soap opera but not as cheesy! Oh so good! 


If you know me you know that I am a huge kid at heart and act it at times. I also love all things Disney and Frozen. So I was totally cracking up laughing at the Elsa references in the book. Especially how she didn't know who she was and learning about her for the first time. It totally cracked me up! 


I could not help but have a kool-aid grin on my face with all the amazing pop culture references within the story! I just LOVED MarK and Lexie on Grey’s! 


There were events that took place in this book that stunned me and took my breath away! Totally shocking events that I didn’t see coming whatsoever! I was on the edge of my chair the whole time. 


One aspect that I really loved about this book was Kristen included a very sweet LGTBQ storyline. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews