Jan 19, 2022

#BookReview #SomeoneElsesChild #AlisonRagsdale #Bookouture #NetGalley #5StarReview


Someone Else’s Child

When Catriona loses her baby girl at birth, it shatters her. But like a light in the darkness, Catriona is given the chance to adopt beautiful baby April, and now she cannot imagine life without her.

The family’s picture-perfect home is filled every day with April’s warm giggles and joyful games. But when her daughter is just eight years old, Catriona gets the call that she has been silently dreading. April’s birth mother, Lauren, would like to meet her.

Lauren breezes into their home and April just sparkles around her. Their matching turquoise eyes and chestnut hair feels like a knife to Catriona’s heart. Lauren appears to have her life back on track, with a good job and a new house in an upscale neighborhood. Pushing to spend more and more time with April, one day Lauren says the unthinkable: April belongs with me.

Who can truly give the little girl the love and family she deserves? Catriona is sure Lauren is keeping secrets. Catriona only wants what is best for her darling daughter, but does that really mean she has to let her go forever?

A totally unforgettable, emotional, and beautiful novel that will break your heart into a million pieces and put it back together again. Powerful and ultimately uplifting, fans of Kate Hewitt, Jodi Picoult and Diane Chamberlain will be captivated.


 Amazon


A proud Scots lass, I was born in Edinburgh and the connection to my homeland has never left me. Consequently, my novels are set in the stunning Highlands and islands of Scotland.


I’ve had what could be termed a varied career. I trained as a professional ballet dancer and worked in the field of dance for many years. When an injury called a halt to that, I eventually became a marketing executive. After two decades in that world, I started my own health-services business but it took too great a toll on me so my husband encouraged me to focus on writing, as I’d always dreamed of doing.

I took the leap of faith in 2014 and dived into my first full-length novel TUESDAY’S SOCKS. It was a scary feeling, putting my ‘baby’ out there, but I was delighted when readers fell for my sweet protagonist, Jeffrey Mere. TUESDAY’S SOCKS soon became an Amazon bestseller. My second novel, THE FATHER-DAUGHTER CLUB, came out at the end of 2014. I was thrilled when it too made it to an Amazon best seller list, receiving a wonderful review from Kirkus Reviews, and going on to win the 2016, IPPY Bronze medal for Best Regional Fiction – Europe.


My third Amazon best selling novel, FINDING HEATHER, was released in October 2016 and my fourth, A LIFE UNEXPECTED, won a 2018 IPPY Bronze medal in the Popular Fiction category, then become an Amazon best seller too.


THE ART OF REMEMBERING, released in July, 2019 debuted as a best seller. It has since been included in BookBub’s 2019 Best Book Club Book list, was honored as a finalist in the 2019 American Fiction Awards, was shortlisted in the 2019 CIBA Somerset Award, and was a finalist in the 2020 Eric Hoffer Award.


THE LIAR AND OTHER STORIES is my first collection of short stories and was released in May, 2020.


My seventh book, DIGNITY AND GRACE, was released in July, 2020 and is an Amazon #1 bestseller.


My eighth book, HER LAST CHANCE, was released in April, 2021 and is an Amazon #1 bestseller.


My ninth novel, SOMEONE ELSE’S CHILD, will be released in January, 2022.


While I didn’t set out to be an author, it has always been a dream of mine and now, thanks to my incredibly supportive husband and the forces of the universe, that has become a reality.


I hope you enjoy reading my books as much as I loved writing them.



Someone Else’s Child

Written By

Alison Ragsdale

Review By

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Alison Ragsdale, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.


Oh WOW!! Someone’s Else’s Child was a beautifully written book by Alison Ragdale that completely pulled hard on my heartstrings! It is a story where even if you are not a mother you can emphasize what the characters are going through. Being a proud Auntie I wanted to FaceTime my nieces and tell them how much I loved them. This is one book that will stick with you long after you are finished with the book. Therefore I highly suggest you add it to your tbr list. It is definitely a 5 star recommendation from me. 


The cover for Someone Else’s Child was absolutely beautiful! Great job to the graphic artists who designed this one. 


Straight from the prologue Alison had me tearing up. Oh I failed to mention you may need some tissues for this book. Well..at least I did. My heart was breaking!! What a way to start out a book on that note! I knew right from the first page that I was hooked and was going to love it. My instinct was right on the money! 


Alison focuses and addresses some very important issues in this book such as child loss, greif, adoption and being mute. However, the main focus is the bonding that a daughter has with its mother. 


There were many deeply powerful scenes and one in particular that rocked me to the core. This scene I was totally thrown off guard with as I had not seen it coming at all! I was literally on the edge of my comfy chair biting my nails (and I never bite my nails) reading this horrific event unfolding in front of me. I was numb and wanted to rush into the book and hold everyone that was there! 


I am always interested to learn how the author came up with the inspiration for their books. Alison shares how this idea came to be in the end of the book. 


Alison stepped outside of the box when choosing her main character's name. I had never heard or read about Catrionia. It is a very pretty name. 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews