Nov 4, 2021

#BooksonTour #TheSecondMarriage #JessRyder #Bookouture #NetGalley

They’re lying,’ my little stepson whispers, his blue eyes shining with tears as I tuck him into bed for the first time. ‘They think I’ve forgotten, but I remember everything. I know my mummy is still alive.’

My best friend warned me that it was too soon to marry Edward, a widower with an adorable but troubled little boy. She said we were moving too fast. But all I could see was a kind, loving man, struggling with grief, who needed my help.

Yet as storm clouds gather above our small wedding ceremony, my hopes and dreams fall apart. None of my husband’s family turn up to support us. Instead of a honeymoon, we have a quiet night in. My wedding bouquet is placed on his first wife’s grave. And then my new stepson tells me he’s sure his mother is still alive.

What does Noah remember and why is his father trying to make him forget? Have I been completely wrong about my husband? What happened to the woman who came before me, and how far will he go to stop me finding out the truth?

An utterly unputdownable, gripping, twisty psychological thriller, perfect for fans of Before I Go To SleepThe Girl on the Train and Gone Girl.



Jess Ryder is the pseudonym of Jan Page, author, screenwriter, playwright and award-winning television producer. After many years working in children’s media, she has recently embarked on a life of crime. Writing, that is. So she’s very excited about the publication of her debut thriller Lie to Me. Her other big love is making pots.




 

The Second Marriage 

Written By

Jess Ryder

Review By

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Jess Ryder, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


OMG!!! O.M.G!!! My head is spinning and I am totally left speechless after reading Jess Ryder’s latest Psychological Thriller Second Marriage! This twisted tale will suck you into its fast paced storyline that you will lose track of time! It is a book you must add to your tbr list as it is one of my favorites of the year (out of 141 I have read). 


The graphic designers did a great job on the cover art!  The ring graphic went right along with the theme of the book. 


Ironically we are introduced to the Second Marriage as the happy couple are getting married. 


Ohh this book was twisted, eerie, creepy in a way, gripping, heartbreaking, and oh the secrets and revelations! This book is filled with lies and infidelity. 


Noah had my heart in this book! Even though his Mommy is gone he thinks she is still alive and coming back to get him. 


The book is called Second Marriage yet there was much secrecrecy around the first wife Claire! What really happened to her? Why were there no pictures of her? Why couldn’t anyone bring her up to Noah? I found myself yelling at my Kindle wanting to know answers of what Edward was hiding from everyone. 


Edward I was not a fan of for many many different reasons. However, one big reason is nobody should control or stop you from seeing your friends. He was very controlling and manipulative. 


Jess is an incredible storyteller. Often I wonder how authors come up with these creative stories. In the back of the book she gives her inspiration behind the storyline. 

2 comments:

Jess Ryder said...

Thank you Heidi, for posting such a positive review. I'm really thrilled that you liked the book so much. Best, Jess.

Anthony Bidulka said...

Oh, that's a chilling beginning - certainly raises a lot of questions a reader wants answered.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews