Oct 20, 2021

#BlogTour #ThePerfectDaughter #AlexStone #BoldwoodBooks #BookandTonic #BoldwoodBloggers #RaraResources


The Perfect Daughter

 

The perfect daughter…


Jess Harper has spent her whole life trying to make her mum, Abigail happy and proud. And everything Jess does, from the clothes she wears, the job she has, the men she dates, are all approved by Abigail first.


The perfect boyfriend…


So when Jess announces that she has a new man in her life – plumber Adam – Abigail is less than impressed. 'A plumber? Really, Jessica....' Adam encourages Jess to break free from her mum’s manipulation, can’t she see what’s happening?


The perfect mother….


But Abigail is only doing these things to keep Jess safe, to protect her from getting hurt again…isn’t she?


Or the perfect liar?


Jess, caught in the middle, doesn’t know who to believe or trust. And then Adam vanishes without trace.


Now Jess is the police’s prime suspect and they want to know if Jess really is as perfect as she seems….


A gripping new psychological thriller for fans of Sue Watson, Shalini Boland and S.E.Lynes

 

Purchase Link - https://amzn.to/2WhQ8bE


Alex Stone, originally an accountant from the West Midlands, is now a psychological suspense writer based in Dorset. This beautiful and dramatic coastline is the inspiration and setting for her novels. She was awarded the Katie Fforde Bursary in 2019 and her debut thriller The Perfect Daughter will be published by  Boldwood in October 2021.


Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AlexStoneWriter

Twitter https://twitter.com/AlexStoneAuthor

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/AlexStoneAuthor/



The Perfect Daughter

Written By

Alex Stone

Review By 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews 


First, I want to thank Alex Stone, Boldwood Books, NetGalley and Rachel’s Random Resources for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.


OMG! WOW!! Mind Blown!!! I just totally fell head over heels in love with Alex Stone and The Perfect Daughter. I am a huge fan of missing person stories and The Perfect Daughter literally left me speechless!! This was such a wickedly twisted book that will make your head spin! 


I totally agree that this book is perfect for psychological thriller fans of my fave authors Shalini Balond, Sue Watson and SE Lyons! To be compared to these three ladies is an honor! 


Alex would like to dedicate this book to anyone that encouraged her to follow her dreams.


Hooked line and sinker I was sucked into the storyline from the prologue! I just needed to know what happened to Adam! Why did Jessica’s Mom not like Adam? So many questions I needed to know the answers to. 


The bond between Jess and her Mother is unlike any other relationship I have read about. It was sad, disturbing, controlling, and something rubbed me the wrong way about her. It is one storyline I can’t get out of my head. 


One thing that is constant in this book is that Jessica seems to have low self esteem and it affects her relationships. 


Alex threw all the jaw dropping revelations one right after the other at the climax of the book. 


The Perfect Daughter I would love to see on Netflix as a movie or series! I know it would be a hit! 





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews