Sep 16, 2021

#BooksonTour #ThePerfectDaughter #KerryWilkinson #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

Rain pounds the windscreen in the pitch-black evening. She knows this winding country road like the back of her hand, dodges the potholes with ease. But then she hears a crunch. A thud. She slams on the brakes.

Since Katie’s dad left it’s just been the two of us, but we’re a team – singing in the kitchen at cheesy pop songs, tackling her homework. My teenage daughter is everything to me.

But one night, as we’re curled up in front of the TV, the messages start. I keep my phone away from Katie so she can’t see the terrifying words: I know what you did. Now you’re going to do something for me…

I have no choice but to obey. Because if I go to the police, come clean about what I did to protect my girl, all the questions and prying eyes would soon discover Katie’s secret too. And that would tear her life apart.

So I drive where they tell me, do what they say, send the photo evidence they want. I feel sick when they ask me to cause someone harm, and it’s clear they know everything about our lives. I thought I was keeping a secret to keep my girl safe. But have I actually put her in even more danger?

An absolutely addictive thriller about how far a mother would go for her child, with a twist that will leave you gasping. Fans of Shari Lapena, Lisa Jewell and The Girl on the Train won’t be able to put this down.

Author Bio:


Kerry Wilkinson is from the English county of Somerset but has spent far too long living in the north. It’s there that he’s picked up possibly made-up regional words like ‘barm’ and ‘ginnel’. He pretends to know what they mean.


He’s also been busy since turning thirty: his Jessica Daniel crime series has sold more than a million copies in the UK; he has written a fantasy-adventure trilogy for young adults; a second crime series featuring private investigator Andrew Hunter and the standalone thriller, Down Among The Dead Men.


https://kerrywilkinson.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KerryWilkinsonBooks/

https://twitter.com/kerrywk


Buy Links:


The Perfect Daughter

Written By

Kerry Wilkinson

Review  by 

Heidi Lynn’s  Book Reviews 

First, I want to thank Kerry Wilkinson, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.


OHH Kerry Wilkinson you never fail to disappoint me and one of the reasons you are one of my go to authors!! His latest The Perfect Daughter is another incredibly creative and twisted storyline that needs to be added to your tbr list!


One thing that I noticed about Kerry’s writing in The Perfect Daughter and totally appreciated is at times how comical could be. I actually found myself totally relating to some of the situations and that cracked me up. I liked seeing this side of him. 


Kerry also incorporates many issues into his storylines that many of his readers can relate to. 


I loved how much detail he put into many different scenes.


Kerry starts the book off with a terrible accident that leaves the whole community talking! I loved how Kerry incorporated the social media aspect into the storyline for this. It made the storyline more interesting. 


The crazy part of the story is that someone knows what Jennifer did!! As the story goes on she gets some creepy texts from some anonymous person!! They not only freaked Jennifer out but me as well. 


WOW!! Never did I see that climatic ending coming!! It totally shocked me with the incredible twists and turns leading up to it! WOW!! Just WOW!! 




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews