May 30, 2021

#BooksonTour #AGoodMother #SamHepburn #Bookouture #NetGalley


Amazon: https://geni.us/B08X79CDWRCover

Apple: http://ow.ly/rwSU50DItSm

Kobo: http://ow.ly/8mXz50DJthM

Google: http://ow.ly/mVsR50DItWq

 

 

Description: 

 

I see my son’s scooter lying in the undergrowth. Time stands still. Where is he? Deafened by my own heartbeat, I keep looking but I can’t see him. This is all my fault. My punishment for the things I did, and the things I should have done.

 

All I ever wanted was to keep my son safe. I married the perfect husband, built the perfect home. I’ve tried to give Finn the life I never had.

 

Everything was going so well. Until now.

 

It’s just small things at first – a punctured tyre, an open gate that I'm sure I locked. But then I see the photograph of two young girls, and a night I’ve tried to forget.

 

I know I have to stop pretending that nothing is happening. I can’t escape the truth.

 

Someone knows my secret. But what do they want from me?

 

A gripping and suspenseful thriller with a jaw-dropping twist, fans of Friend RequestTheWife Between Us and The Girl on the Train won’t be able to put this down.



Sam Hepburn read modern languages at Cambridge University and, after a brief spell in advertising, joined theBBC as a General Trainee. She worked as a documentary maker for twenty years and was one of thecommissioners for the launch of BBC Four. Since then, she has written several books, including psychological thrillers Gone Before and Her Perfect Life, and novels for young adults and children. She won the 2017 CWA Margery Allingham Short Story award and has been nominated for several other prestigious prizes, including the CILIP Carnegie Medal for her YA thrillers.

 

Sam has worked and travelled widely in Africa and the Middle East, and is a trustee of the Kenyan’s children’s charity, I Afrika. She now lives in London with her husband and children. 

 

Author Social Media Links:

 

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/Sam_Osman_Books

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/SamHepburnAuthor

 



 

A Good Mother

By 

Sam Hepburn

Review 

By

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Sam Hepburn, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


Sam would like to dedicate this book to the memory of Susana Quiros Jacomini.


WOW!! Once again Sam Hepburn proves she is an incredible storyteller in her latest book A Good Mother. This one is another one to add to your TBR list as it is a must read! 


Ohh the prologue captured my heart and pulled tight on my heart strings hard!! 


My heart was very happy learning of Nicola’s and Ian’s story leading up to the engagement. Their relationship and plans for the wedding was unlike anything I had ever read before. 


I could relate to Amy and her bad online dating experiences. I was chuckling during that part of the book. 


I loved the fact that Nicola volunteers for a charity that supports care leavers. They help kids cope once they leave the system. 


Oh the dead bird scene grossed me out big time! If that ever happened to me in real life I would be freaking out majorly!! 


I am a huge fan of Farmer’s Market Season and smiled when the character shopped at one In this book. 


Oh how my heart broke in a million pieces on the terrible loss of Nicola’s Mom. 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews