Apr 5, 2021

#BooksonTour #SaveMyDaughter #SamVickery #Bookouture #NetGalley


As soon as we sat on the ride I knew something was wrong. I couldn’t relax. I couldn’t hear the theme park music, the giggles of my two other children. I’d left my baby in someone else’s care. And I knew I’d made a mistake…


With her two beautiful children and newborn baby Ella, Lily’s life is full of love and laughter. She gave up her job to be a stay-at-home mother, and though she sometimes envies the freedom of best friend Hannah, Lily wouldn’t trade it for anything.

But Lily’s world implodes when Hannah disappears with Ella one day, and Lily fears from the text message she receives that Hannah doesn’t intend to come back:

You don’t deserve her.

It’s true that Lily has been keeping secrets about her marriage from Hannah, ones she thought only she and her husband knew. Suddenly Lily realises that there are things she doesn’t know about Hannah too – and that by keeping her husband’s secrets, she might pay the ultimate sacrifice.

A rollercoaster ride of emotions, Save My Daughter will break your heart. Fans of Jodi Picoult, Kate Hewitt and Diane Chamberlain will be swept away by Sam Vickery’s utterly gorgeous novel.


 

Sam Vickery is an English author who loves gritty, emotional stories that can make you sob. As a child, she was forever getting in trouble for being caught with her nose in a book, and these days are no different. She lives on the south coast of England with her husband, two children and a cat that thinks it's a dog.


Buy Links:




Save My Daughter
By 
Sam Vickery
Review 
By 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Sam Vickery, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


Save My Daughter is every parents worst nightmare come true. Sam Vickery's story is beautifully written, powerful, intense, and an incredibly emotional read. This is one to add to your TBR list. 


Sam dedicates this book to her daughter, Aurora. That is such a beautiful name! She is her joy, her little shadow, and her love. She makes her smile a thousand times a day! 


To the graphic artist who created the cover for Save My Daughter it is such a beautiful cover! The image of the sweet girl sitting in that beautiful scenery definitely captures the reader's attention.  Not to mention the colors are so bright and cheery.


Sam incorporates some very important lessons into her book that will make everyone think twice. You never know what someone is going through unless you have walked in their shoes. 


Other than important lessons she writes about important topics. Topics such as abduction, abortion, sperm donors, IVF, Non Hoskins Lymphoma and Leukemia. 


Sam wrote some intense emotional scenes that totally tugged on my heart strings. Then again Sam always has a way of doing that to me in her stories. She is one author that I would read anything by. 


I am a very proud Auntie and I couldn’t imagine if something like this were to happen to any of them. I was at the edge of my comfy chair in shock and literally felt everything Lily and Jon were going though. That part of the book was written extremely well! 


The events leading up to the ending and even in the epilogue I didn't see coming. She surprised me on a few levels.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews