Apr 23, 2021

#BooksonTour #LastDayAlive #JRAdler #Bookouture #NetGalley

One hot summer’s evening, ten-year-old Piper Chase went off on her pink bicycle towards the dark woods on Black Heart Lane. She never came home…


Piper cycles off one hot Oklahoma evening for a sleepover with her new friend Miley from summer camp. But when she doesn’t come home, her grandparents raise the alarm.

Detective Kimberley King knows that the first twenty-four hours in a missing child investigation are the most critical, but with no witnesses, and darkness falling in the small town of Dead Woman Crossing, she begins to fear the worst. She longs to find the little girl with wide blue eyes and an infectious smile, but when her team discovers Piper’s body in a woodland clearing, lying on a bed of moss, something inside her dies.

Then she gets a call that chills her to the bone. Piper’s friend Miley has gone missing

Desperate to find the monster who has taken these little girls, Kimberley chases down all the leads she has. The summer camp counsellor, who got too close to Piper and Miley and lost his job. Piper’s shifty uncle, who arrived back in town the day she disappeared…

And as another dark night descends on Dead Woman Crossing, Kimberley can’t stop thinking about Miley, trapped in the darkest place of all. With the clock ticking, Kimberley knows she must act fast, before another innocent life is stolen.

A gripping, heart-wrenching crime thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat, holding your breath. Last Day Alive is perfect for fans of Rachel Caine, Lisa Regan and Carol Wyer.

Buy Links:
Amazon: https://bit.ly/3wNKqfA

Originally from Wisconsin, J.R. Adler currently lives in Ithaca, New York with her husband, Drew, and her English Bulldog, Winston. When not writing, you can find her reading, playing board games, travelling, and binge watching The Office for the umpteenth time.






Last Day Alive
By 
J. R. Adler
Review
By 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank J.R. Adler, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


OHHH SNAP!!! This book was GOOD!! J.R. Adler I am a new fan of yours! I was intently glued to my Kindle reading Last Day Alive! The storylines were incredibly twisted, fascinating, and had mind blowing shocking revelations! This is a book that should be added to your TBR List!


Last Day Alive is J.R.’s second book in her Detective Kimberly King Series. It can be read as a standalone or part of the series. I mention this because I read this as a standalone and was able to follow along. However, reading this book I now wish I read the first one. You better believe I will be reading the next one in the series. 


WOW!! J.R. Has a way with words when painting a picture in our heads of the graphic scenes. It was the intensity of that scene that hooked me into the book. 


I loved how fast paced the book was and if you blinked you would miss something! 


2 ½ year old Jessica pulled on my heartstrings with her baby talk! She was just too cute for words! There were some comical moments with her. 


There was one scene in the book where I was literally yelling into my Kindle! This situation with Kimberly’s stepfather rubbed me the wrong way in so many ways. I was furious with this situation! I was team Kimberly for this one all the way! 


Missing person cases are one of my fave genres to read. This one was different from the rest. J.R. Pulled out all of the raw emotions from all of the characters to make it a great read. There was one scene that pops out to me that literally shattered my heart into a million different pieces. It was a scene that was difficult for me to read and the character to be a part in. 


J.R. Let’s her readers get a glimpse into this individual's sick and twisted mind who had captured these girls. Oh how juicy of a read that aspect of the story was. 


Ohh how there were so many heart-wrenching stories within the main storyline that will keep you on your toes! 


J.R. Brings awareness to many important issues in this book. 


There are so many twists and turns you better hold on tight to your seat!! 


I had to smile when I saw J.R. 's character moved from Upstate, NY. I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY. 


Last Day Alive has a totally unpredictable very climatic ending that I was shaking my head at! Just WOW!! What an ending to an amazing read!! 
































































































































0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews