Apr 16, 2021

#BooksonTour #HisFirstWifesSecret #EmmaRobinson #Bookouture #NetGalley

The tears began to flow. ‘I can’t do this on my own,’ Emily sobbed. ‘I don’t know how.’


When Emily’s husband dies in a terrible accident, she’s not the only wife he leaves behind.

Because, before their whirlwind romance and Emily’s discovery she was pregnant, Pete had been married to Caroline for more than twenty years. A devastating tragedy had torn them apart. But there was a part of Pete that had never fully left his first wife and a secret that would bind them together, forever.

Finding herself lonely, heartbroken, and forced to face life and motherhood alone – Emily is surprised that Caroline offers her support. But Emily knows she needs someone she can trust and rely on. Even if it’s the woman her husband loved before her.

A tentative friendship develops and their lives become entwined. Their bond grows ever stronger as Caroline steps in to help when Emily’s baby arrives unexpectedly early. But it’s not just Caroline hiding a secret. Both of the women who once loved Pete have things they can never admit, without risking a friendship that might be the only thing keeping them both afloat.

When grief begins to takes its toll on Emily, she feels sure that Caroline is the only person who can save her and baby Dylan… But should she trust the woman he loved before her – with her life… Or her child’s?

An utterly devastating, but ultimately uplifting, emotional women’s fiction novel about friendship, motherhood and loss. Perfect for fans of Jodi Picoult, Susan Lewis and Jojo Moyes.


Buy Links:



Emma Robinson is the author of several women’s fiction novels. She also blogs about the funny side of parenting and has contributed to podcasts such as Funny Women. Whilst her early novels are humorous, her recent work focuses on emotional themes and these novels are both heart-breaking and life affirming. Emma enjoys writing stories which explore the power of family and friendship in the most challenging circumstances.


Emma currently lives in Essex with a husband, two children and a small black dog.




https://motherhoodforslackers.com/

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodforslackers

https://twitter.com/emmarobinsonuk



His First Wife’s Secret
By
Emma Robinson
Review 
By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Emma Robinson, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.


Ohhh how I love Emma Robinson’s Books!! She always writes such beautiful stories that are emotionally powerful. His First Wife’s Secret was an emotional rollercoaster ride for me with some tears in the mix. It is definitely a must read as I can see this being on the bestseller list! 


His First Wife’s Secret Cover was absolutely beautiful and represented the book perfectly. 


This book is dedicated to Keith Houghton English teacher and legend. 


Emma Robinson is one author I will read anything she writes. Her stories time and time again have touched me in one way or another. She writes all her characters and their situations with a lot of heart. She is truly a gifted author.  


In each book that Emma writes she always picks very important topics to bring awareness too. By doing so she also takes the time to research the topic to educate her readers. Some of the facts are very interesting and many times eye opening. This time around she picked a topic that was very personal to her. Emma, deepest sympathy for your loss. 


I was pleasantly surprised in this book that Emma showed us her humorous side. Many times I found myself laughing out loud at some of the scenes. 


Emma’s story is incredibly deep, powerful, emotional, gripping, and tragic. There are a lot of secrets with shocking revelations.


His First Wife’s Secret literally had my emotions all over the place! There were times when I was shaking my head and yelling at my Kindle over a character! Oh he irked me bad!


Emma writes her two main characters (Emily and Caroline) are very strong in different ways. They are both put in uncomfortable situations within this book. I don’t know how I would have handled the situation had It been me. 


The story goes back and forth between Emily and Caroline’s point of view. 


There was one part of the story that was a little predictable. However, the placement of the storyline was not where I thought it would go. 








0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews