Feb 24, 2021

#5DayMiniBlogBlitz #OneNightInBeartown #NickJones #SiClark #RachelsRandomResources


One Night in Beartown

From the award-winning duo that brought you Sarah’s Shadow comes another magical adventure...

When bear-mad schoolgirl Sandy Lane has her beloved teddy bear Berisford confiscated at school, she dreads the thought of going a whole night without his cuddles. 

Little does she know that a bear-rilliant night awaits her, involving Berisford, a bear statue and many other wonderful friends!

Purchase Links

https://full-media.co.uk/product/one-night-in-beartown/

https://nickjonesauthor.co.uk/product/one-night-in-beartown-nick-jones-and-si-clark/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Night-Beartown-Nick-Jones-ebook/dp/B08NFH7H9X/



Author Bio – 

I’m Nick Jones, an award-winning author originally from Bristol but now living in Congleton, Cheshire. I write books for kids and I’ve also written several joke books for adults. My first book, Gagged and Bound – A Book of Puns, One-liners and Dad Jokes, was a best-seller under Puns and Wordplay on Amazon UK, and two sequels soon followed. You can download a FREE collection of my jokes here

.

In December 2017, I tried something different: a children’s picture book about a girl who loses her shadow. Illustrated by the super-talented Si Clark, Sarah’s Shadow has proved popular with kids and parents alike. In 2018 it won Best Children’s Picture Book in the 2018 Book Awards on international book review site Readers’ Favorite. My claim to fame is that the same award was previously won by none other than Jim Carrey, the Hollywood actor-cum-children’s author! Sarah’s Shadow also won Runner-Up in the Book Excellence Awards and received a Purple Dragonfly Book Award as one of the best picture ebooks for children aged 6+.


In 2020 I ran a Kickstarter campaign during lockdown to fund my next book, One Night in Beartown. It was inspired by the Bearmania event that took place in 2011. Thanks to amazing support from businesses and individuals in Congleton and beyond, I raised £4,000 to illustrate and print the book. It was published on 1 December and you can buy it on my online shop, on my publisher’s website or as an ebook on Amazon. For updates, please follow me on social media or subscribe to my newsletter!

 

Social Media Links – https://twitter.com/nickjonesauthor

https://www.facebook.com/NickJonesAuthor

https://www.instagram.com/nickjones_author/


One Night In Beartown

By

Nick Jones 

Review

By

Heidi Lynn’s  Book Reviews 


First, I want to thank Nick Jones, Si Clark and Rachel’s Random Resources for providing me this book so I may bring you this review.


If you are a fan of Teddy Bear’s you need to check out Nick Jones One Night in Beartown. This book had me grinning from ear to ear as it was so cute! 


Si Clark who illustrated the book made the story come to life with his pictures! I loved how he made Tommy Pickles a ginger like me! However, I was not Tommy’s biggest fan! 


Nick Jones' book deals with bullying, an unfortunate issue that many kids deal with. 


I felt total compassion for Sandy and her favorite teddy bear Berisford as it was passed down to her from her Grandmother. 


One Night in Beartown would be perfect for kids of all ages even the young at heart like me! 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews