Jan 26, 2021

#BooksonTour #TheSecretWithin #LucyDawson #Bookouture #NetGalley


 It was supposed to be my family’s promising new start, but now it’s a nightmare I can’t wake up from…

 

I need the two men sitting opposite to trust me. My family’s happiness is riding on my getting this job. I smile – there’s no link between having a friendly face and being trustworthy, but humans are programmed to think there is. Even us doctors, who should know better.

 

They’ll know about my past from the newspapers – the court case, the threats, the lies that were told – but what’s important now are my children. This has to be the new start we so desperately need. An escape from my old job, my ex… and the scandal that nearly ruined me.

 

What I don’t know yet is that if I convince them to trust me, I’ll be putting my family in terrible danger. I’m trying to make things right, but this is when it starts to go very, very wrong…

 

Utterly twisty and completely unputdownable. This insanely gripping page-turner is perfect for anyone who tore through Friend Request, Gone Girl or My Lovely Wife.


Buy  Link:          

Amazon: https://geni.us/B08PC8T574Social

Apple: http://ow.ly/tLqS50CAfnc

Kobo: http://ow.ly/zi9S50CAfk9

Google: http://ow.ly/xnrP50CAflF


Lucy has been writing psychological suspense novels since 2008, when her first bestseller - His Other Lover - was published. Since then her work has been translated into numerous languages.

Her gripping books jump in at the deep end... the extraordinary things that can happen to ordinary couples, families and friends with devastating conclusions.

 

 

Author Social Media Links: 

You can reach her at lucy@lucydawsonbooks.com or find her on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram @lucydawsonbooks

 

The Secret Within

By

Lucy Dawson

Review 

By 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Lucy Dawson, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


The Secret Within by Lucy Dawson was a very interesting look into the world of plastic surgeons. It was very fascinating but at the same time disturbing. It was unlike any book I have read in the past. 


Lucy took me off guard right from the start with her prologue. I am an open minded reader but that scene I was not expecting. That being said it was a very intriguing way to start out her book. 


The humor in The Secret Within had me snickering! It was too funny!


I loved how this book was based around the medical field. I found the case of the abdominoplasty very interesting and what Nathan was willing to do to get it approved. Having one myself I could empathize with both the surgeon and the patient in this matter. 


Oh how uncomfortable I felt for Julia when her ex husband Dom showed up wasted to pick up their son from school. Not only that but in front of her new work colleague Nathan. Just so inappropriate for him to do! 


Lucy picked a very unique name in Hamish for one of the characters. Never have I heard of that name before.


I found it creepy that Nathan took videos of his consults with his patients so he could watch them during his leisure. However, laughed when he almost got caught by his child. 


I had to smile and chuckle when Julia stated she went into becoming a surgeon to prove that her small hands could do something important. I too have very small petite hands, love the medical field-but would never want to become a surgeon to prove something to someone. 


I didn’t care for the whole body shaming scene between Hamish and Nathan. Too many times in this book I got upset with Nathan for this mentality. 


The climax to The Secret Within I never saw coming. My heart went out to Julia and felt compassion for what she was going through. 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews