Nov 4, 2020

#BooksonTour #TheNextWife #LizLawler #Bookouture #NetGalley

I should never have married him. I ignored the warnings. It’s what you do when you’re in love. Ignore what you don’t want to see.

My husband is everything I ever dreamed of. A handsome, successful doctor who swept me off my feet.

Our new life together is perfect.

He’s perfect.

But am I good enough for him? I never seem to get anything right. And I’m starting to feel a little afraid of the man I married.

He’s taken away my bank card and my phone. I don’t know what to think or what to do. I gave up everything for him and now I’m trapped.

Then a stranger comes to our door. She tells me that I can’t trust my husband.

That I should ask him what happened to his first wife.

Totally gripping, chilling and with a twist you won’t see coming, The Next Wife is a dark, heart-stopping story of what really goes on behind closed doors. Fans of My Lovely Wife, B A Paris and JP Delaney will be completely enthralled by this addictive read.


Liz Lawler grew up sharing pants, socks, occasionally a toothbrush, sleeping four to a bed. Born in Chatham and partly raised in Dublin, she is one of fourteen children. She spent over twenty years as a nurse and has since fitted in working as a flight attendant, a general manager of a five star hotel, and is now working with trains. She became an author in 2017 when her debut novel Don’t Wake Up was published by Twenty7.  


The Next Wife
By 
Liz Lawler
Review 
By 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Liz Lawler, Bookouture, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.


WOW!! Liz Lawler you get the award for writing the most despised character I ever read in your latest book The Next Wife! Oh how Dr. Daniel Meyers rubbed me the wrong way to the point where I wanted to go into the book and tell him off. He belittled his wife Tess, wanted her to be someone she wasn’t, did things to her I was totally shocked at! His personality and behavior just totally floored me!


The graphic designers of this book really did an amazing job thinking of such a creative piece. It was so creepy but so perfect because this book was like that. 


The deeper you get into the book we see the shift in Daniel's personality. We learn there area a ton of hidden secrets in his past-some very shocking revelations when they come out. Mind blowing ones that I never saw coming. But it explains why he is so messed up in the head. 


Many times I felt scared for Tess and wanted her to get out of the situation she was in. 


This book has triggers for people who were verbally and who were sexually abused. 



 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews