Sep 30, 2020

#BookOnTour #WhatWeLeaveBehind #AnnaMansell #Bookouture #NetGalley


 Imagine you get home one day… and waiting for you on your doorstep is a gift.

It is wrapped beautifully, and inside is a notebook, its pages empty. There is no message.

But its sender has a story to tell.

About a secret. About the little girl you once were. About everything you know about your family.

The gifts keep arriving. But when tragedy strikes – leaving your beloved only daughter fighting for her life – the person who has been sending the gifts will have no choice but to come forward. And to finally tell the truth…

A heartbreakingly beautiful novel about motherhood, loss and family secrets, for fans of Kerry Fisher, Susan Lewis and Jodi Picoult.





Anna spent almost twenty years trying to shoehorn writing in to her career as a marketing manager for dance and theatre companies. Eventually, she did what you are not remotely supposed to do and walked away from an excellent job in order to try and become a published author. Three years, lots of tears and some slightly hairy bank balances later, she met Kirsty Greenwood and the rest, as they say, is history. Anna lives in Cornwall with her husband and two kids. She feels very fortunate! 





What We Leave Behind
By Anna Mansell
Review By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Anna Mansell, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.

What We Leave Behind is an Unforgettable read by Anna Mansell that will not soon be forgotten. Anna writes incredibly powerful storylines that if you read closely intertwined with eachother. I kind of felt like I was reading two separate books at first but toward the ending I had that aha moment. How she did that was just incredible.

Originally, I fell in love with the cover with the little girl. I just knew that this book was going to be an emotional read. Boy was I right. Plus, I knew that little girl on the cover (who I found out later was Poppy) was going to tug hard on my heart strings. 

Anna brings awareness to some very important mental illnesses within the storyline and how it affects the characters physical and mental state. She educates us on Postpartum Psychosis, Bipolarism, what it was like for the character to go manic,etc. 

This was a very powerful storyline that blew me away! I love learning about all things medical. Not to mention have a heart for individuals going to medical issues. So, reading this story tugged on my heart strings big time.
 
I felt like a few characters were near and dear to Anna’s heart. You can just tell by the way the story read. It meant more to me reading those parts having that feeling. 

Forgiveness was a constant hidden life lesson in this book.

Anna has an amazing gift bringing important issues to the reader's attention by intertwining them into a fascinating story.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews