Jun 27, 2020

#BookonTour What I Know By Miranda Smith #Bookouture #NetGalley




My brother was thirteen the first time he tried to kill me.

These days, Della is a loving wife, a dedicated teacher, a woman trying to do her best. She has put her past far behind her. But she hasn’t forgotten the lessons she learned.

It’s just a regular morning when Della welcomes Zoey to her English class. She treats her like any other new student: assigns her a desk, hands out the work. But then she meets Zoey’s cold, calculating eyes and freezes as terrifying memories threaten to overwhelm her.

Della knows what evil looks like when it hides behind a confident smile. Her own brother, the town’s darling, couldn’t keep his true nature hidden for ever. Della has been watching out for people like him ever since, determined to stop them before it’s too late.

When a student is viciously attacked and Della is sent a detailed account of the crime, she’s more convinced than ever that Zoey has darkness inside her.

But to make people believe her, she needs proof. Will she risk everything to get it? And without it, can she be sure she’s right?

Prepare to be hooked by this dark, gripping crime thriller, perfect for fans of Karin Slaughter, Gillian Flynn and Rachel Caine.  



Miranda Smith writes psychological and domestic suspense. She is drawn to stories about ordinary people in extraordinary situations. Before completing her first novel, she worked as a newspaper staff writer and a secondary English teacher. She lives in East Tennessee with her husband and three young children. 


What I Know 
By 
Miranda Smith
Review By 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews 

First, I want to thank Miranda Smith, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 

Miranda Smith has an incredible gift and talent writing in this genre. What I Know totally blew me away how Della’s past mirrored Zoey’s present. This book was filled with a lot of tragedy, heartache, suspense, a lot of secrets, ton of mind blowing shocking revelations that were numbing-at least to me!

Originally this book was going to be called Good Girl and it had a different cover. I did like the cover as it was really cool. However, after reading the book I realized the title didn’t make as much sense as What I Know did. Therefore, I am so glad they changed the title. The cover now is so much more twisted than the first and reflects the book so much more now.

Immediately, I was drawn into this book by its first line and was hooked line and sinker from then on. 

There are so many similarities yet so many differences in Della’s past with her brother Brian and the present day with Zoey. It is very eerie in a weird way but also so very cool as well. I loved this aspect. 

It was fascinating to see the mindset of a troubled Brian at a young age to the sick, twisted, evil, man he grew up to become. A man that his sister and Amber didn’t recognize. Miranda did an amazing job putting the emotion into that storyline with everyone behind it. I can't imagine it was an easy one to write as there were scenes that were not easy to be read. It actually might be a trigger for some readers. That being said it was a very powerful storyline and some very intense scenes. 

The book went from the past to modern day. This way you got a better feel for what Della’s relationship was with her family and especially her brother. 

I love how Miranda thanks all of her book bloggers for and reviewers for promoting her books.  It gives me great satisfaction knowing that our uplifting words of support are appreciated. 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews